Looking for refrigerator parts

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I am looking for some parts that are broken for my refrigerator, the plastic panel that goes inside the door

I looked online and didnt find nothing, anyone have an idea where i could get those parts for this in Santo Domingo or online?

Whirlpool model # LWT8506a

Thanks.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
fix it yourself....tube of silicone wall panel cut your own shelf use 12 wire or 14 to block....

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well...deep subject but im on it for u...i had more than one problem w/fridge...door and freezer...
im sure your dying to know my solution...? door....i got self tapping sheetmetal screws and put them on both sides of fridge facing outwards... 2 of them on each side... then i strung wire from one side to the other and back again... good intentions but had to re do...ended up with 4 wires...
freezer...dont want to confess here but........ i very carefully had a piece of plastic cut to my size. about 5-6 inches high...then i put smaller screws in to hold it inside the freeze...and put a touch of silly cone.....keeps things from blocking the door closed....

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have a refrigerator with an internal door type of freezer. Its hinges were broken off and it had been tucked down beside the stove when I first et my lady. SO I took the wounded door around the city here and also Sosua. No one offered any hope at all, Except Refriparts said that maybe a place called Radio Commercial (or some such name) in Santiago would have it. While I still had the name in writing I asked around Santiago and noone knew of the company, so our freezer sits doorless to this day and needs defrosting once a week.

Fish, in your travels around Puerto Plata did you encounter a man by the name of Socrates? He fixed the door on my fridge a while ago when the hinges broke. I don't know if I still have the phone number, but can look if you like.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
he might be able to find out more about your fridge... just by asking...

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Except Refriparts said that maybe a place called Radio Commercial (or some such name) in Santiago would have it. While I still had the name in writing I asked around Santiago and noone knew of the company, so our freezer sits doorless to this day and needs defrosting once a week.

I know of this company in Santiago and have been there a couple times.

It is on Avenida Salvador Estrella Sadhala close to the Propane station between Av.Bartolome Colon and Avendia Hatuey. (Right hand side as you are coming Susua)