My name is dr6 and I'm an alcoholic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
So, I'm a drunk. In fact, I'm half in the bag now. Like all my bills down here, my liquor bill is astronomical. Back in Imbert there was a distributor in town I could go to. Is there any such thing in Sosua? Or, where can I find the cheapest place to stock up? My kids' college fund is starting to dwindle.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
start by saving the empties.... they can really add up

the worse it gets -- the more you make
you could put the kids thru college on the empties !!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Try CD cleaner, 45pesos per 0.5ltr (people do drink this in campo next to me). If you can drink enough (and avoid going blind), quick enough then your kids should inherit before you manage to spend too much more.

Don't worry, even if you have given up people will make sure your kids get your cash so your suicide isn't a complete waste:p

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Are you related to dr2, 3, 4, and 5..........

Where's Derfish when you need him...........:laugh:

B in Santiago

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

B in Santiago

drSix for 6 pack.

Didn't you know he hangs with porkman100. Between them 2, the stock is slowly depleting.

Here is porkman100.

[video=youtube;hwnu5UAj0oM]x[/video]

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Why waste your hard earned money on college tuition? Your kids will probably party themselves into flunking out of college.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

B in Santiago

Derf's another..... they're both at the meeting...

I never knew they drank.....

until I saw them sober one day......... UGLY!!!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My name is Harleysrock and I am an alcoholic... Until I moved here now I just drink a lot!

Ya
know, that's funny 'cause before we moved here my wife was kind of a ball buster when it came to drinking. She used to have two and be done, and hound my ass if I drank half the bottle in one night (I quickly learned that it didn't matter which size bottle), but two months after moving here she's got the blender going at noon! This place does strange things to people.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
start by saving the empties.... they can really add up

the worse it gets -- the more you make
you could put the kids thru college on the empties !!

Wish I would have known that 10 months ago. I've got a respectable pile started next to the pool shed now.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Why waste your hard earned money on college tuition? Your kids will probably party themselves into flunking out of college.

I've got a GED, and look at me! Actually, I am encouraging both my son's to peruse a technical degree, and skilled labor, especially at first. Even at the chagrin of my wifey, who is poolside getting her BS paid for by this dumb schmuck! College aint what is used to was.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Everyone has drinking issue in DR, if you haven't or don't then you aren't really integrating properly.

I'm not sure I could live in DR without a drink problem, the feeling of accomplishment when I havent accomplished anything is what keeps me going.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Everyone has drinking issue in DR, if you haven't or don't then you aren't really integrating properly.

That, my friend, is really sad!!!!!!!!!!!

I will stay in the cold land of NY.

85 right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
That, my friend, is really sad!!!!!!!!!!!

I will stay in the cold land of NY.

85 right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It is a fact that the focus of the social scene in DR is drinking at whatever bar, whether you are temporarily recovered, in recovery or complete denial or full blown alcoholism there is no getting away from the centre of the Dominican world, a drink to drift away from the relentless nature and bordom the majority (not all) find here when they come over to 'retire' (do nothing). The DR being the hub of worldly bordom when you have no purpose to get up each day creates many alcohol issues for people.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
It is a fact that the focus of the social scene in DR is drinking at whatever bar, whether you are temporarily recovered, in recovery or complete denial or full blown alcoholism there is no getting away from the centre of the Dominican world, a drink to drift away from the relentless nature and bordom the majority (not all) find here when they come over to 'retire' (do nothing). The DR being the hub of worldly bordom when you have no purpose to get up each day creates many alcohol issues for people.
I have found that the Dominican way of drinking is better than the American. The dominican may start at noon and drink all day, but they share a bottle and play dice or hang out on the street or beach with friends. They maintain a good buzz, but don't get drunk. In the U.S., binge drinking and alcoholism is rampant.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Welcome to dr1 - hic!

i1gwgo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.