Scheduled Power outages North Coast

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
There are to be scheduled power outages on the North Coast on

Wednesday 6th 9 am to 3 pm

Thursday 9 am to 4 pm.

Not sure of the areas involved on the North Caost but it could be all areas. We are sure others like windey can fill that in!
Get you batteries charges and drinks cool!

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
please send the team over again , Olly

with those fans the Egyptians used....
and have them peel me a grape.... if you will, my good man

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My power has been going out constantly for hours almost every day for a week. "A" zone my ass. I wonder if I will get a discount this month?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sosua dentist appt on Thursday.... flip the switch for me!!

My friend's mother was in the dentist chair way back when --- a NYC power failure...

5th floor.... she was 80.... dentist walked her down and drove her home.... no street signals

must have been a beauty.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are to be scheduled power outages on the North Coast on

Wednesday 6th 9 am to 3 pm

Thursday 9 am to 4 pm.

Not sure of the areas involved on the North Caost but it could be all areas. We are sure others like windey can fill that in!
Get you batteries charges and drinks cool!

Olly and the Team

Interrupciones Programadas - Edenorte Dominicana

Select Distribuidora Edenorte, Provincia Puerto Plata and then all of the circuits here will show up. Select your circuit and you can see a blackout schedule.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Well that may be better than the constant on/off cycles of the last week or so. Sunday we were on / off 12 times in 8 hours.

Bob K

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
In the link Windey provided go to "Interuptions" and put in your Circuit No This is shown on your bill as _-circuit SOSU101

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Sectors influenced by this :

"Camino de Los Llibres, La Mulata 1,2, 3 Y 4, Playa Laguna, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, El Choco, Perla Marina, Bombita, Lomas Del Sol, Sos?a Village, Vista del Caribe 1 y 2, Coconut Palm, Caminos del Sol, Entrada Discoteca Sos?a."

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oliphant

pls have the team run an extension cord to Doctora Monica's office for me Thursday morning....

or use that giant hamster wheel you have as a generator....

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
WW,

Sorry we are clean out of Punkah Wallahs and all the extension cords have gone to deserving causes.

Probably they will be able to use the hand driven dental drill on you but that always takes a long time and really really hurts.

Minor outages here today with a lot of over voltage situations of 145 volts per line. Not good,

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thx Olly
I think I'll just take a solar panel with me
she can do me in the parking lot

or I suppose , I could leave the teeth there until the power comes back...

and gum my way home.........

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
In case anyone's wondering...Pappaterra is out of batteries until Thursday..Trojan Blacks for 5500 pesos. Someone had mentioned in an earlier post David's Tire shop in Sosua (I have gotten my last two car batteries there) but they don't have Inverter batteries. If they have them, I believe La Sirena has Trojan Blacks for 4995, and various other brands, probably the best prices around. I'm waiting on a guy in Sosua who may deliver and install the Trojan blacks, taking the old batteries on trade for 5000 each (5400 without the trade).

My current batteries are running on fumes...only lasting about 3-4 hours with using as little electricity as possible.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In case anyone's wondering...Pappaterra is out of batteries until Thursday..Trojan Blacks for 5500 pesos. Someone had mentioned in an earlier post David's Tire shop in Sosua (I have gotten my last two car batteries there) but they don't have Inverter batteries. If they have them, I believe La Sirena has Trojan Blacks for 4995, and various other brands, probably the best prices around. I'm waiting on a guy in Sosua who may deliver and install the Trojan blacks, taking the old batteries on trade for 5000 each (5400 without the trade).

My current batteries are running on fumes...only lasting about 3-4 hours with using as little electricity as possible.

Just be careful with the "guy from Sosua". We used a company from Santo Domingo, and they installed very cleaned up used batteries - it took a lot of time and connections in the police dept to get them to bring new ones that were new. Never again for us - we'll go to La Sirena next time.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Just be careful with the "guy from Sosua". We used a company from Santo Domingo, and they installed very cleaned up used batteries - it took a lot of time and connections in the police dept to get them to bring new ones that were new. Never again for us - we'll go to La Sirena next time.

Thanks for the input...I'm leaning towards taking the drive to La Sirena and selling my old ones for a little more as Olly noted below...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
While we're on the subject...is there anything more to installing the new batteries than turning off the street power, disconnecting the old ones and re-connecting the new ones the same way...positive to positive, negative to negative, with the first line in and last line out...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
While we're on the subject...is there anything more to installing the new batteries than turning off the street power, disconnecting the old ones and re-connecting the new ones the same way...positive to positive, negative to negative, with the first line in and last line out...

Hit the power button to off before you disconnect the batteries and then after you reconnect them you will have to hit the power button to turn the inverter back on. I make sure the connections are all cleaned before I reconnect the new batteries. Keep in mind the last connection you make to the inverter will "spark"....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks for the input...I'm leaning towards taking the drive to La Sirena and selling my old ones for a little more as Olly noted below...

I think La Sirena near us [south coast] gives 800 pesos for used batteries, and "in the street" they give 1000. I like La Sirena because they move so many batteries so they are always fresh.