English-speaking restaurant in Santo Domingo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Sener

Aug 5, 2014
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a restaurant in Santo Domingo where the waiters/waitresses speak (or at least know how to speak) English. I am an English teacher and we just did a unit about making reservations and ordering in a restaurant. I would like to take my student to an English-speaking restaurant to practice. Anyone know of any good places?

Thanks for your help,
Kyla

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
The Hotel La Cascada in Maimon - Bonao and has excellent food. Owner's are British. I know it is not SD, but just over an hour's drive. Make it a full day field trip. :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Go to "Vesuvios" on the Malecon.
Ask for "Chepe", if he is off there are many others who speak English.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
TGIfridays, I think when advertising they request English speakers.

Kyla Sener

Aug 5, 2014
Some of these places look expensive - I looked up a few of them but couldn't find price ranges, only menu items - any ideas what a normal meal would cost?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
TGIs. When I go I buy 3 or 4 different things and put them in the middle of the table for the 3 of us as finger food, wings and chicken strips etc. Refils on soft drinks are free all night an so with drinks (my beers and two soft drinks for the girls) it is always around RD2000. You can eat to fit your pocket in TGIs.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It might be easier and cheaper to find someone who is bilingual selling drugs. You can practice a score.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Gret spot and they can sample British cuisine

The Hotel La Cascada in Maimon - Bonao and has excellent food. Owner's are British. I know it is not SD, but just over an hour's drive. Make it a full day field trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.