We have a new "war"

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
First we had the war on drugs, the war on whores, the war on bars, and now we have the "war on din" according to Dominican Today. Environmental Ministry has just declared it so it must be true. This should be interesting as Dominicans love noise of all kinds. Its in their genes. Is this the end of suvs with the rear door open and a giant speaker system booming bachata? Ever notice the chicas faces as one of these drive by. They love it.
How do they dream this stuff up is beyond me. Talk about a war doomed to failure. Din technicians are being trained as we type.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I'll believe it when I don't hear it.

I can't imagine holding a cell phone conversation on the street in Santo Domingo without my free index finger in my ear.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's been used for a while, mostly when about 100 neighbors report the local Colmado's HUGE SPEAKERS blaring all night!
They confiscate the speakers.
Then I bet they sell them to another Colmado, or just take then home!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
First we had the war on drugs, the war on whores, the war on bars, and now we have the "war on din" according to Dominican Today. Environmental Ministry has just declared it so it must be true. This should be interesting as Dominicans love noise of all kinds. Its in their genes. Is this the end of suvs with the rear door open and a giant speaker system booming bachata? Ever notice the chicas faces as one of these drive by. They love it.
How do they dream this stuff up is beyond me. Talk about a war doomed to failure. Din technicians are being trained as we type.

Chicas love this because it's a big investment so the driver must have money, for some strange reason chicas love money.....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the funniest part is that they are training technicians in the use of GPS devices, so they can locate where the noise is coming from. i am serious. now you know it will never work.

this is as dumb as the Koreans and the FIA coming here to help reduce the carnage on the roads. what makes people believe they can change culture from the outside in?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There is a colmado across the street from my in-law's house in SD, my mother-in-law's bedroom is in the furthest back corner of the house away from there. She couldn't sleep from the loud music on weekends, until 2-3 a.m., she used to try to escape to our house to get some rest. Someone would call the cops, they'd take the speakers, and the next night replacements magically appeared. This went on forever, years. Last trip I was happy to see that the entire front was enclosed and it's now a breakfast/bakery shop. Much quieter.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There is a colmado across the street from my in-law's house in SD, my mother-in-law's bedroom is in the furthest back corner of the house away from there. She couldn't sleep from the loud music on weekends, until 2-3 a.m., she used to try to escape to our house to get some rest. Someone would call the cops, they'd take the speakers, and the next night replacements magically appeared. This went on forever, years. Last trip I was happy to see that the entire front was enclosed and it's now a breakfast/bakery shop. Much quieter.

the replacements were the ones they took the night before. confiscation represents a steady income stream.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
in any group of people its easy to spot the one from the DR. Invariably they will be the one with the biggest loudest mouth. Hear them coming for blocks. They love noise so much they yell all the time.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in any group of people its easy to spot the one from the DR. Invariably they will be the one with the biggest loudest mouth. Hear them coming for blocks. They love noise so much they yell all the time.

2 reasons for that, zoom. firstly, they are deaf from all the hearing damage they have to be subjected to from childhood. secondly, it is a call for attention. people here have serious insecurity issues..

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They had a street preacher with a megaphone screaming a sermon for 45 minutes just outside the school. I'd take lousy loud obnoxious music over that any time.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Good news, now this four wheeler can retire;)

358oys1.jpg

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Asians helping with the carnage on the roads,,,that is hysterical,LMAO

the funniest part is that they are training technicians in the use of GPS devices, so they can locate where the noise is coming from. i am serious. now you know it will never work.

this is as dumb as the Koreans and the FIA coming here to help reduce the carnage on the roads. what makes people believe they can change culture from the outside in?

They had a street preacher with a megaphone screaming a sermon for 45 minutes just outside the school. I'd take lousy loud obnoxious music over that any time.

Gotta agree, the last 6 Mondays we have had a preacher in our barrio with a loudspeaker going on and on. I am glad I can't understand what he is saying! Please replace it
with the same 3 bachata songs!