Where to find news articles etc. on a recent drowning?

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Hi there

A friend of mine has asked me if I could see if there are any news articles (in Spanish or English) about a drowning of a Chinese-American lady from Boston, USA.

Unfortunately I haven't got much to go on other than it happened a few weeks ago, this lady drowned at sea 'off the DR' have no idea of which part of the country she was staying in (north, south, east or west). I presume it was at a resort.

She was called Cherry, her given name was (Jilei Jiang) and she was here with her husband. My friend doesn't want to call the husband and upset him further and she herself is in China looking after her sick mother and so can't investigate herself, right now.

Mods - not sure if I am allowed to give her given name, so do delete if you think it appropriate.

Thanks for your help.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Are you sure 2 weeks ago? Nothing in local papers. Including wickedlocal.com

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Sorry donP. I was referring to Boston and community paper from her town. Seems she was employed by a well know company as a scientist. The OP mentioned 2 weeks ago but the DR articles seem to be recent. Anyway, condolences for the family of the deceased.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
her death was reported in the local news, donP provided the links. i believe her body was taken to INACIF in santiago.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks guys for looking this up for my friend, she has seen your responses and is truly grateful. As am I.

Yes, RIP to a wonderful person.