Is there a good hotel or Guest house in Esperanza? Or should I stay in Mao

prater

Aug 8, 2014
I will be int he DR for 3 weeks. Should I stay in a guest house in Esperanza or a hotel (Hotel Novus Caoba) in Mao?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I don't know of any hotels or guest houses in Esperanza. Best in the area is the Novus Caoba but be warned it is a training hotel so the staff are all students. Nice enough but can be a tad quirky. Make sure you get a room a long way from the disco.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is at least one hotel in esperanza, on the main street. you can give them a call:
Kabuk Hotel
M T S?nchez 34, Esperanza
(809) 755-5151
this is the main street so i would expect noise all day and night long. i visited esperanza few times and it is a boring, ugly and very noisy place. but i believe it is way closer to the people you wanted to visit there. have fun. go around a bit, while the town itself is nasty the area is very beautiful.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
there is at least one hotel in esperanza, on the main street. you can give them a call:
Kabuk Hotel
M T S?nchez 34, Esperanza
(809) 755-5151
this is the main street so i would expect noise all day and night long. i visited esperanza few times and it is a boring, ugly and very noisy place. but i believe it is way closer to the people you wanted to visit there. have fun. go around a bit, while the town itself is nasty the area is very beautiful.

you forgot horrendous ..

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Also if I remember right that hotel is also a Caba?a so be prepared for lots of guest changes.

Franco 66

Aug 1, 2013
Mao is a nice city,the Hotel Caoba is a strange place,always more staff than guests and the rooms aint cheap,about 75 bucks if i recall.Lobby is nice and clean but away from that the rooms are small and dusty with stained tiles in the bathrooms.Pool area is ok.There is another hotel in Mao just down the road from the Morel Supermercado, Aparta something or other,and also there is Aqua Azul apparently nice swimming areas,is also located in Mao