Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mudanzas: Post your shipper

As the title thread states, I would like to start collecting the list of Mudanza/shippers from USA to DR.

If you can, please provide this information on the Mudanza/Shipper company you use:

Name of Company
    Contact Person
    Phone number
    Location (city, state)
    Approximate cost for shipping a BOX (CAJA)
    Approximate cost for shipping a TANQUE

(prices above considering clothing, food, etc., not expensive electronics)
    Approximate time in Transit
    Do they consolidate/pack for you
    or do you need to give them the complete box/tanque

Let's start gathering this list as a backup option for After-August-15's "Beginning of the End".

2. Likes caribmike, Tom Gato liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

people must be tired of me saying

Awilda Shipping
    Corona/Queens NY & Santiago

NY 718-505-9833

about $35/box and $130 a tanque

average delivery is 3wks... faster in summer, slower before Xmas
    I have always delivered mine, so haven't tried consolidating
    They pick up in the NYC area

4. Likes Tamborista, frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive my ignorance but could someone explain to me how one uses a Mudanza?

I have no family or friends in the US and as such I wonder if you can buy a box and then have the Mundanza receive my purchases to fill it?

6. Likes mountainannie, Tom Gato liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the question... some will do that... see dv8's posts

8. Likes jinty05 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but could someone explain to me how one uses a Mudanza?

I have no family or friends in the US and as such I wonder if you can buy a box and then have the Mundanza receive my purchases to fill it?
    Buy a box....I happen to like boxes over tanks....especially TV boxes (24.5x24.5x28) because large square boxes can hold many smaller square/rectangular ones....and I find using a tank wastes space...but others prefer tanks...as they have a further useful life in the DR.

I take my time buying items at random on sale that I want to ship. I pack the box carefully reinforcing the bottom with duct tape and then packing tape over that (boxes are charged by volume...not weight).

Then I call the shipper who comes to me and picks up the box, asks me generically what's in it, and takes the box and loads it onto the truck. About three weeks later it is at the door of its final destination. Total cost $140.

I do not know Mudanzas who would actualy receive many smaller items, box and then ship.....but if this tax regimen sticks....look for them to expand into that aspect of the business. Seems to me this would be labor intensive for the Mudanzas and there would probably be some additional charges beyond the cost of a box and shipping

To answer Rubio's initial post, I think you would be better off asking for Mudanzas operatng in Florida.....shipping costs and shipping times are probably a lot lower/quicker from Miami....rather than from New York, Boston, etc.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

10. Likes jinty05, frank12 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    people must be tired of me saying

Awilda Shipping
    Corona/Queens NY & Santiago

NY 718-505-9833

about $35/box and $130 a tanque

average delivery is 3wks... faster in summer, slower before Xmas
    I have always delivered mine, so haven't tried consolidating
    They pick up in the NYC area
    $35?? For a standard mundanza box? Or are you talking about a small random box?

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i posted vinicio in the other thread but i'll advertise him again, i hope he gets more business because he is great.

vinicio shipping
    in POP:
    141 manolo tavarez justo
    809 586 8107 and 829 353 1755
    in the USA:
    1042 N. E. 43th Ct
    oakland park, florida 3334
    954 563 4552 and 954 226 1503

he only delivers new times a year, maybe every 3 months. box is 35 dollars, tanque is 125 dollars. in our case it is payable upon delivery, not sure how he treats other customers (we've known him for many years). he has boxes and barrels. we ship from amazon and other places directly to him, using our name on the bill. he fills the barrel. delivers to your door. POP area is gratis but i know he delivers as far as SD. probably at an extra charge, i never asked. he may deliver anywhere.

13. Likes Tom Gato, PeteyPablo, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    $35?? For a standard mundanza box? Or are you talking about a small random box?
    Random boxes... my boxes, maybe 24x24.... roughly

not as big yours, I expect.
    I pack them and take them to him..... averages out to about $35 a box.....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, for those new to mundanzas, they all have a 'standard box' that they will quote a price on. Some give a discount for multiple boxes. This is what they look like:

IMG_0612.jpg

Some shippers give you the boxes, some charge $5 for the box. They are all the same size. The blue plastic drums are not all the same size, we've had different shapes too.

We're shipping out of NJ/NY area. We've been using:

EMBARQUE BELLA VISTA
    Address: 1170 Randall Ave, Bronx, NY 10474
    Phone718) 378-1569

They also have offices in Rhode Island for New England shipping.

They charge $75 for a box, 3 for $200. Call them and ask them where they pick up. For example, there is a Dominican travel agency in Atlantic City where you can drop off your boxes/tanques, pay and get a receipt. There are places all over NY/NJ like that, and Bella Vista picks up the shipments every week or so. The thing I like about Bella Vista is that they use clear stretch film on your boxes, then add metal box strips top/back/sides.

The guy who we used for Bella Vista has recently switched companies, he's now representing:

EMBARQUE CAMDEN [also offices in Providence, RI]
    2631 PETTIT RD
    PENNSAUKEN, NJ 08109-3644
    (856) 225-1580
    The guy we use, who picks up the boxes from your house, is Manuel, 609-334-9480 - Spanish only

We've used them for one shipment, no problems. Boxes are $65 from them.

With both [and I think ALL] shippers, you can also send a 50 pound bag of rice and a large jug of oil [I buy the 2.5-3 gallon ones from Sams Club] with each shipment - for free.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 08-11-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Administrator
    DR1.com

16. Likes mofongoloco liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What size box?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast