Strong Rumour ?Dog Poisoning Tomorrow Morning 12th Aug Sosua Beach

Coyote2

Oct 16, 2012
Strong Rumour ?Dog Poisoning Tomorrow Morning Sosua Beach

There is a strong rumour that the Beach dogs on Sosua Beach will be poisoned early tomorrow morning. If you have a dog you care for or a pet at your bar it may be best to keep the dog off the beach. If you are there and see this happening , take video or photos for future use.
This is now illegal in the Dominican Republic regardless of who does it!

This is a strong rumour from a highly reliable source. If it doesn?t happen all well and good. If it does you have taken the right action by taking your animal away from the beach.

Coyote2

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Must be a record, almost 2 years to write 1 post!

Are strays a problem on Sosus beach? I think they will be making a big mistake if they start poisoning dogs infront of tourists, it's a pretty nasty sight. But I doubt the leak is genuine it's not the kind of thing they care about enough to be organized with. If the mayor wants the beach cleaned of dogs then they would be taken care of without any such specific date etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband remembers that when he was a boy the Dominican health department would drive around and spray something on all the dogs, they would lick it and die. Once they even sprayed a pet in his yard. Sometimes people would wake up to 50 dead dogs in the neighborhood. Brutal....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Today driving along in the car, I casually remarked that stray dogs are often medium size or small, no "big dogs ".
I thought "funny", cos u could expect the big dogs to get the most food ( a lot of the dogs have apparent ribs.....). ie scare the smaller ones off.
My wife said it was because the big ones got to the food first that there arnt any big ones............

But there is a certain logic. If u live in a shack in the campo, hardly any luz, u wouldnt want packs of dogs bomb bursting through the wooden wall and eating ure kids............

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
So do we know has anything happened I see facebookers in the area are taking this seriously and some were going to the beacy early this am.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
So do we know has anything happened I see facebookers in the area are taking this seriously and some were going to the beacy early this am.

Amazing what people may do for a little attention, scaremongering is as good as anything but looks as though even this failed. I hope I am correct and was nothing more than just that. We'll need to wait until this evening before people start finding suffering victims, if they do. Unfortunately when dogs become that ill they tend to go to ground and hide under bushes, in places where they will not be bothered.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
At least once a year,
Salud Publico" comes through my area and vaccinates all the dogs they can find for rabies.
I saw all the "Street Dogs" running around with yellow ribbons around their necks, and didn't know why????
Then they came to our gate, came inside and vaccinated my 4 dogs & 3 cats, for FREE!
They give you a certificate with your animals "Name" the date, and a shot record.
After they vaccinate an animal, they put on the ribbon to know which ones have been given the vaccine.
Doesn't sound like the government is into poisoning dogs!!!!!
The average Dominican , THAT's a different story!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Lucky u !!
I cant PAY anyone to vaccinate my dogs. Have to do it on my own.....

Coyote2

Oct 16, 2012
Update from a reliable source - Sosua Beach Dog Problem

Please pass this on to whoever is interested.

The meeting has been changed to tomorrow at 11 on the beach. The head of tourism as well as the president of the Beach association will be there. So they say.

I t will be our opportunity to find out what the problem is and work out a solution.

Coyote2

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Please pass this on to whoever is interested.

The meeting has been changed to tomorrow at 11 on the beach. The head of tourism as well as the president of the Beach association will be there. So they say.

I t will be our opportunity to find out what the problem is and work out a solution.

Coyote2

What problem and what meeting. I think you're full of sh1t.

(FAO over enthusiastic Mods (you know who you are) that was not an insult, just a thought on contents)

malko

Jan 12, 2013
LOL, hows the leg? full moon coming around n all.......................

Much better thanks. I am off the antibiotics, rash has all but disapeared...... now left with big scabs......
The dogs wont stop licking the wound........

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
At least once a year,
Salud Publico" comes through my area and vaccinates all the dogs they can find for rabies.
I saw all the "Street Dogs" running around with yellow ribbons around their necks, and didn't know why????
Then they came to our gate, came inside and vaccinated my 4 dogs & 3 cats, for FREE!
They give you a certificate with your animals "Name" the date, and a shot record.
After they vaccinate an animal, they put on the ribbon to know which ones have been given the vaccine.
Doesn't sound like the government is into poisoning dogs!!!!!
The average Dominican , THAT's a different story!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Are you still wearing your ribbon?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Well done guys, two whole pages on Sosua without mentioning putas and complaining about closing bars. We are making progress.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
speaking of which, why don't they just spray the annoying beach vendors and the putas who inhabit the beach ?:ermm:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
speaking of which, why don't they just spray the annoying beach vendors and the putas who inhabit the beach ?:ermm:

The putas are related to the capitan, the vendors are related to the General, both if their wives are related to NYcity. Have you seen how white those black kids are?