stallite tv for free

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
if ya have a dish, can you purchase a decoder somewhere just to watch some tv?

I do not need any specific channels

we had a subscription with sky but that is long gone, still have the decoder from them ofc.

How do you guys do it?

and yes free in i don't feel like paying for it when it is out there ;-) (some home channels broadcast from back home are free in my case

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Free TV

How do you guys do it?
(...) and yes free in i don't feel like paying for it when it is out there ;-) (some home channels broadcast from back home are free in my case

1.8m dish with 3 LNB's + FTA receiver + programming = approx. 350 channels (never counted them) :bunny:

As you do not like paying (anything?) = 0 channels (except Mickey-Mouse TV via an aerial) :lick:

donP

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
haha, thx :) and no i do not like monthly subscriptions and try to avoid it as much as possible

1.8m dish with 3 LNB's + FTA receiver + programming = approx. 350 channels (never counted them) :bunny:

As you do not like paying (anything?) = 0 channels (except Mickey-Mouse TV via an aerial) :lick:

donP

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
1.8m dish with 3 LNB's + FTA receiver + programming = approx. 350 channels (never counted them)

How much this setup will run for? US$ 2.000+ ?

And how much monthly?

Buy a SmartTV Box (US$ 60-80) and upgrade your internet to 3MBit/s or higher. And have your favourite channels for free.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The amazon fire tv($100) is now a great option as it can have xbmc installed on it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
XMBC versus satellite dishes is an option if you have fast enough internet speed.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Apple TV plus a Netflix account will cost you $99 plus $7.99 per month.... job sorted but you need reasonable internet plan which in my case with telephone comes to $4300 pesos per month. The Apple box is so easy to configure country zones so you can have the best of everything US and UK

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
DerFish,

you seem to be mixing up the pirating of an encrypted signal, such as Dish Network, with a FTA satellite system. FTA stands for Free-Through-Air, and is fully legal and free. Depending on how big your dish is, you can pull in hundreds of channels with it, although I don't know how many would be of interest to most people.

Aug 6, 2006
The airwaves are the property of the people.

If anyone puts a program into the air and does not want others to see it, they can encrypt or scramble it.
Downloading a program does not deprive anyone of that program. At most, it deprives them of what you might have paid them for the program.

I wish I had a dollar for every CD or recording of any type that I bought because of the illustration on the cover or because there was just one song that I liked the first time I heard it.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
DerFish,

you seem to be mixing up the pirating of an encrypted signal, such as Dish Network, with a FTA satellite system. FTA stands for Free-Through-Air, and is fully legal and free. Depending on how big your dish is, you can pull in hundreds of channels with it, although I don't know how many would be of interest to most people.

The good news is hundreds of channels are in fact available.

The bad news, is most of them are public access. FTA will by and large NOT get you HBO or ESPN, but you might get really good reception for Coptic Church TV, Nigerian Public Information, or Yemen Today.

Aug 6, 2006
dish and direct tv are nothing but crooks, I've been stealing their signal for yrs .

==========================================
This is not the usual definition of "crooks".
Stealing Direct TV used to be rather easy, I heard. Then I heard it wasn't.
Stealing Dish was said to be almost impossible.

I have Netflix and Miami has 63 antenna-accessible channels.
Some, of course, only sell useless exercise machines and magic mops, others have only Jeezus. And one has the nonstop Allah & Mohammad Show.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
IKS Workaround

Stealing Dish was said to be almost impossible.

True, as far as I know Nagravision3 encryption has not been hacked.
But there is the IKS workaround, in fact it works so well at very little cost that many prefer it to the old system (hacked N2) when almost every week there was an ECM blockage.

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But someone paid millions of dollars to put them there. It was their work that you think you should acquire free. Like pirated DVDs sold on the street for 50 pesos when the real thing is $10.00

It is not actually "legal" to receive the satellite signals of certain providers in the DR, so you cannot "legally" pay for them.

If you are just receiving true Free To Air signals you are stealing nothing. If you are getting a signal you have to pay for in the US and you cannot legally pay for it in the DR, then I will leave it up to you as to what to call it.