Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calculating tax on internet purchases

I think we should get a thread with a list of people's purchases with how much they had to pay in taxes to bring the item in. I personally have never been charged ITBIS so I have no idea what to expect when the law hits in a few days. If anyone has been charged taxes please let us know what %s you were charged and if delays occured, along with the type of item it was so future purchasers can have a better idea of what types of items charge really high %s or take a really long time to get through aduanas. If this law goes through I plan on continuing to buy most products online since I would rather give my money to the government than the companies that pushed for the law to go through. I will also post what tax amounts I pay on purchases I make, thanks everyone and I think this can be a good resource for us.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You might be the only one on the list. Support the DR Government, they support you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody else is going to stop making purchases online ? Is that what you're saying?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Everybody else is going to stop making purchases online ? Is that what you're saying?
    Pretty much yes. Maybe a few people will continue until they get their bill and suffer large delays in getting their item.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered four school blouses yesterday of 7.99 each + usd11 of transport, should arrive in Miami end of this week. I'll report taxes to be paid and delay in getting it.

6. Likes SKY liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some stuff arriving these days too. Will report back.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I ordered four school blouses yesterday of 7.99 each + usd11 of transport, should arrive in Miami end of this week. I'll report taxes to be paid and delay in getting it.
    Thanks a lot Mauricio, I knew I wouldn't be the only one that wants higher quality goods at a decent price and would take the risk of importing our own products, can't wait to hear more.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I have some stuff arriving these days too. Will report back.
    Thanks CM

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an order that was back-ordered and will arrive just in time to get hit by the new taxes. I should know in a couple of days what they charge.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy a considerable amount of things from Amazon (155 shipments) in the last 6 months. Inded I have 3 shipments due in Santiago on Friday, 15th August but I note the report says the new taxes will apply to shipments received after Friday.

Next week I will most certainly have to repeat an order but it will be for dried goods to ascertain how much more it costs me and the time it takes to deliver. I will post full details when the transaction is completed.

Unlike others I cannot use the Mudanza system as I am European and do not have anyone in the US to pack a case for me and then have it shipped down so I will have to continue using the couriers and pay what is demanded as I will not change my lifestyle at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Pretty much yes. Maybe a few people will continue until they get their bill and suffer large delays in getting their item.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast