Americans required for TV show. Payment will be made.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have been approached by an American TV company who want to make a show similar to House Hunters International. They are looking for an American couple, or one American who is married to/partnered with another nationality, or even a single American. The couple or individual need to have left the United States in the last 18 months, (somewhat flexible), and have moved here to the DR. They need to have owned a house in the US and sold it, or have it for sale, or rented out, and need to have bought a property here to live in. This is essential. They or the individual needs to be in their 30?s or early 40?s ? again this is essential.
The deal is that the TV Company will film here during the period August 27 to October 8 for 4 days and then fly the couple/person back to their home town to do the back story and film there. All expenses will be paid by the production company including flights and accommodation. In addition you will receive US$1,000 in cash.
They are looking for a couple/individual who was fed up with the American lifestyle and wanted to move here to embrace a different culture and live an easier and cheaper lifestyle.
If you are interested please PM me and I will pass your details on to the company so that they can contact you directly.

Matilda

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
funny how these people work, if I understand correctly.

They'll film here, than send them back, and will have to simulate their miserable american life in a home that's not theirs to tell the prologue of the story?

I enjoy watching a similar program on dutch tv called 'ik vertrek' (I'm leaving) because of all the ...... that have been on vacation to greece / portugal / spain / italy and decided that's their new home country, sell everything they have and start a bed and breakfast (always a bed and breakfast) not realizing that's hard work and no chance to enjoy the nice weather. Well, I know, I am an equal ...... for packing up our things and move back to the DR without really knowing if we would be able to make a living.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
funny how these people work, if I understand correctly.

They'll film here, than send them back, and will have to simulate their miserable american life in a home that's not theirs to tell the prologue of the story?

I enjoy watching a similar program on dutch tv called 'ik vertrek' (I'm leaving) because of all the ...... that have been on vacation to greece / portugal / spain / italy and decided that's their new home country, sell everything they have and start a bed and breakfast (always a bed and breakfast) not realizing that's hard work and no chance to enjoy the nice weather. Well, I know, I am an equal ...... for packing up our things and move back to the DR without really knowing if we would be able to make a living.

Bezint voor je begint ;)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Profile is clear. Must fit the age range, must have a property which they sold or have for sale in the usa, must be Americans and must have bought something here.

Matilda

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Fed Up People

I have been approached by an American TV company who want to make a show similar to House Hunters International. They are looking for an American couple, or one American who is married to/partnered with another nationality, or even a single American. The couple or individual need to have left the United States in the last 18 months, (somewhat flexible), and have moved here to the DR. They need to have owned a house in the US and sold it, or have it for sale, or rented out, and need to have bought a property here to live in. This is essential. They or the individual needs to be in their 30?s or early 40?s ? again this is essential.
The deal is that the TV Company will film here during the period August 27 to October 8 for 4 days and then fly the couple/person back to their home town to do the back story and film there. All expenses will be paid by the production company including flights and accommodation. In addition you will receive US$1,000 in cash.
They are looking for a couple/individual who was fed up with the American lifestyle and wanted to move here to embrace a different culture and live an easier and cheaper lifestyle.

I do hope they will not forget to do a follow-up... let's say after 2 years... :knockedou

donP

Jan 17, 2009
18 months living here an example of how much better this is than their American life? Not enough time; they're still in their honeymoon period. They need to look for someone who is still fascinated by living here and making a good living for at least 5-10 years, and not working from home for a US based company :) but working for a Dominican company or running their own business. Other than that, I'd find such TV program totally misleading. IMO

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I will pay the $1,000 myself to see that show.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
All that time and motion for a measly $1000? Just the ancillary costs of the job come near to that.
Anyone meeting the stringent requirements and getting shoved around for weeks for $1000 is a jerk, right?

There's no wonder that so-called "reality shows" are so feeble-minded and fatuous.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
All that time and motion for a measly $1000? Just the ancillary costs of the job come near to that.
Anyone meeting the stringent requirements and getting shoved around for weeks for $1000 is a jerk, right?

There's no wonder that so-called "reality shows" are so feeble-minded and fatuous.

That's what I was thinking.. I fit the profile (except I'm only 28), but I can't imagine getting pushed around for 10 days and being edited to hell to looking like whatever the producers want me to look like for 1000$ .. Just the damage to my reputation could be worth 10x what I'd get paid for the show heh.. No offense though Matilda, I do have a lot of friends that like doing this sort of thing for publicity, just had a ex-business partner do millionaire matchmaker (he isn't even a millionaire lol) .

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
we came inches from being on House Hunter's Int'l...... the sponsor nixed us b/c the story was twisted to fit the show's requirements.

We had built our house - they were going to show us around and we'd pick our own house at the end.

They wanted a 'green' house to showcase... we fit the bill except were already in it !!

They are contrived...... certainly.... still thats $1,000 and all the days' expenses paid for ....
better than begging !!!

M

Malolo

I mostly fit this profile, and would love to share my disdain for the 'Murican lifestyle. Not that I think the Zombies and Sheeple will listen unless you include explosions, nudity or fart jokes.
New Family: Check
Property Bought and Sold: Check (does foreclosure count?)
Timeline: 3 years