One time shipment to Punta Cana

W

wilsonc

Hi,
I am considering sending my passport by courier to my family in Bavaro from Canada. I would be more comfortable sending it to a place like Mailboxes Etc, but see that they have closed down. Do you know of anywhere that I could send it in the area for a one time fee (i.e. I do not want a permanent mailbox). I looked for a DHL or UPS office in Bavaro/Punta Cana area online but could not find one.

Thank you,
Wilson

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
If they will be sending it back to you later you may want to prepare for that too. I assume so.

I had my son's us passport here and I could not send it by ups, FedEx, ... It was prohibited and if it was found in a shipment it would have been destroyed. Why I don't know.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
EPS in Bavaro is very dependable. Don't know about a one time deal, but here is the phone number to check.

809-552-0726

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Hi,
I am considering sending my passport by courier to my family in Bavaro from Canada. I would be more comfortable sending it to a place like Mailboxes Etc, but see that they have closed down. Do you know of anywhere that I could send it in the area for a one time fee (i.e. I do not want a permanent mailbox). I looked for a DHL or UPS office in Bavaro/Punta Cana area online but could not find one.

Thank you,
Wilson

wilson, if you send your passport, how will ever get to Bavaro? I would never be seperated from my passport.

W

wilsonc

Yes, my wife just explained the whole situation about the visa on another thread. I am here in Canada on a visitor visa and have a PR application in process. The embassy needs my passport. I can either leave and go down or send it. I would rather send it to a family member if I am going to send it and that is why I wanted a secure place to send it too. It is complicated and we have to get it to them by the end of the month so we are looking at all the options. This seemed like a separate question so I posted it here, but I guess I needed a better explanation. Thanks for the information about not being allowed to send the US passport. I will find out if it is the same with a Dominican passport. I guess we will just have to go down and take our chances. Thank you for the advice. It is not an easy decision for us.

W

wilsonc

No, they actually say I can mail it to them and send a return envelope. I just feel very nervous.

W

wilsonc

That is how we feel. I was very surprised that the Canadian government suggested it. I really feel strange staying in Canada without it and unable to leave.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
never heard of that before. and im not happy about putting it on a officials desk....

Feb 7, 2007
No, they actually say I can mail it to them and send a return envelope. I just feel very nervous.

I would ship it to the embassy and get a return prepaid shipment as well and include it in the original envelope. You CAN ship passports to/from embassies, but you ay encounter problems shipping them to anywhere else. When my daughter did not yet have European passport (passports issued only in-country or at the embassy but closest embassy in Cuba and Mexico), I sent her Dominican passport to be stamped with Schengen visa to Mexico by UPS, no problems, included return prepaid envelope, after they got the passport it was on its way back the next day, they just called UPS for pickup over there in Mexico City. No problem either direction, but that was TO/FROM EMBASSY.

I would not risk sending passport to a person, it may be found (envelope opened) and then you/your passport may be in trouble. If the embassy gives you option to send it to them directly, pony up the $$ it costs to express ship to/from DR/Haiti wherever and send it straight to the embassy with a prepaid return envelope. You can buy return prepaid airwaybill at UPS, Fedex, DHL webpages, then just affix it on an empty envelope, and put that second envelope inside the first envelope.

Easy ...

Firefighter

Apr 18, 2014
In past, I have sent legal documents care of myself to the Canadian Counsulate in Punta Cana and picked them up. But first, I would confirm with the senoir consulate officer that she would accept the item