Finding an odd cigarette brand in POP area

Meems

May 1, 2013
Anybody have a lead on where I might find Capri Menthol cigarettes in the Sosua/POP area? They used to carry them at Playero but stopped, and then for a while they were at the POP airport, but now that seems to be over. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to stop smoking....in the meantime, while I wrap my head around that, I'd appreciate any leads DR-1'ers might provide.

Puff on.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody have a lead on where I might find Capri Menthol cigarettes in the Sosua/POP area? They used to carry them at Playero but stopped, and then for a while they were at the POP airport, but now that seems to be over. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to stop smoking....in the meantime, while I wrap my head around that, I'd appreciate any leads DR-1'ers might provide.

Puff on.

Good Plan!:classic:

Aug 6, 2006
The benefits of smoking are overrated. First, you get to play with fire on a regular basis. second, it gives you something to do with your hands. The first cigarette of the day gives you a pleasant dizzy feeling. The taste of coffee makes you crave the taste of tobacco, and vice-versa.

The disadvantages are all the coughing, th annual emphysema, the bronchitis and the expense, which is growing everywhere by leaps and bounds.

The best way to quit is just to quit. It is really a pain to quit. You start craving a cigarette in your sleep. This lasted for me about two weeks. After a month, tobacco smoke really stinks. After six months, it no longer stinks, but you have lost every desire to smoke, no longer are fascinated with fire and have found something to do with your hands. And you often notice that you have money you did not used to have. I suppose that it is not the same for everyone, but others have agreed with what I have said here.

I found it helped to give up coffee for tea for awhile.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
All these do gooders make me wanna puke....

He's looking for a particular brand of smokes......

Someone help the loser,

For cripes sake!!!

He wants to smoke, letm smoke!!!!

Meems

May 1, 2013
I did stop for 26 years. Then I lost my husband. Then I lost my mother. Then I lost my job in the US and my house. So OK? It's not as if I am schtoopid.....

I didn't ask for a weigh-in on my personal habits.

I asked if anyone in the DR1 community had info on where I could acquire said product.

This highlights one of the central issues with DR1. Keep to the subject. Don't judge. Answer the question, and then shut up.

And BTW: he is a she.

TKU.

Meems

May 1, 2013
Actually, I don't care about fire. I don't care about doing something with my hands; they are in constant motion as I speak. I do not smoke in the morning. I only smoke after 5.

I have quit for long periods of time. I know all about it.

I have also lost a parent, a spouse, a job, and a home in the last two years, and sort of feel as if smoking is the least of my worries. So stop. Don't judge. Don't pontificate. Unless you can answer the question, which was where can I find them, then don't weigh in. Just tell me where I can find the damn things.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
check with Phillip Morris to see if they still make them.... or Lorillard, whoever the manufacturer is

was a unique item from the get go, may be little demand these days

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I know where to buy them but I am not telling you. You may light up next to me while I am having my daily restaurant breakfast. Smokers are desperate people who have little regard for the rest of us. Only thing wrong with cigarettes is they dont kill you fast enough, although,the additon of menthol does speed up the process.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
OP, try the cigar store in the Playa Dorada Mall. It is located on the ground floor near the steps where the movie theater signs are. I had the same issue with Merit Ultra Lights several yrs ago, and this shop actually had them available for their American customers. Also, if you know anyone traveling to the POP area via Miami, they are available duty free.

Meems

May 1, 2013
TKU to all. I'm trying to avoid any more deliveries to my ex-pat mail address. You have all amused me more than you will know. This was a classic and thoroughly predictable DR-1 thread!