Dog Worming every three months?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My new high end vet says that I should have the dog wormed every three months. I have never done this with wa dog before. He is not "free range" only goes out on walks with me. Is this necessary or sending the Vet's kids to college in the US?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have no idea !!!
Some internet sites say yes others no, all have diffrent products......

Somebody suggested Fenacur to me on dr1 ( Mathilda I think ), which I gave to the pup ( thanks Mathilda:classic:) and the other dogs.....
Then I couldnt find it and the local vet shop told me to inject them once a year ( when I give then their rabbies shot ) with an "anti parasito".
The vet fills up syringes and puts them on ice for me to take home....... so no idea what it is called.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we deworm both cats and dogs occasionally. real fun to do, especially cats. they hold a grudge for all day.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I give my big dogs oral "Pills" to protect them from "Fleas, Ticks, etc, and to de worm them as well.
I just cut up a hot dog into 1 inch pieces.
I throw them a few "Empty" pieces, then a "Stuffed Piece, stuffed with the pill, no Problemo!!!!!
I open the pills and mix the powder inside with the cats food, they never notice, it helps if you use canned tuna or sardines, they love that!!!!
I buy my "Pills" online, Amazon, and Walmart.
I also use a liquid for flea & tick control on the cats & dogs. A few drops along the back bone and done!
I use "Vet Guard", cheaper than "Frontline"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
We deworm our dogs about every 3 months - in addition to giving them Ivermectin monthly for fleas & ticks. You can buy Canicat (pirantel + prazicuantel) at many of the agrovet stores - comes in 2ml, 5ml, and 10ml. Dosage is 1 ml/5kg. For our 5 dogs (3 large, 2 medium size), it costs ~RD500 every 3 months. Some of them don't mind the taste of it, others not so much. It can be given in food if necessary, but if they don't like the taste of the dewormer, it needs to be very enticing food!

dilbert100

Jun 27, 2013
i think thats too long...mine gets done every 4/5 weeks
.jpg

sandk

Sep 20, 2010

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have stopped "De Worming" my dogs all together!!!!!!
Those tiny worms are hard to get a hold on, and my hands always stink for days after a "De Worming".
I tried using rubber gloves, but it is then Impossible to grab the worms!
Have you tried the "Cheeseburger/Cookie" method????
Every day at noon, you shove a cheeseburger up your dogs A$$.
You wait 15 minutes, then you shove a cookie up their A$$.
After 30 days , you shove the cheeseburger as always, but you don't shove in the cookie.
After about 30 to 40 minutes, the worms will crawl out of the dogs A$$, looking for the cookie, and you grab them and pull them out!!!!
Foolproof, and "All Natural"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Yes you should be deworming your dogs at a min of every 3 months - also not a bad idea to do yourself as well .... tom

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
we only do it when we think they need it..... runny eyes

your pet pooch will not be getting much worm exposure, I don't think

SSCC's idea is foolproof...