Why an outstrectech leg onto a buddies moto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosuadr

Aug 17, 2014
I have seen from time to time one moto riding with their legs outstretched onto another moto beside them? Why?

Aug 6, 2006
I suspect that none of the posters so far have a clue of the reason for this.
I admit I don't.
Perhaps one of the motos has gas, but is broken in some way and they are taking it to get fixed.
That is just a guess.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I suspect that none of the posters so far have a clue of the reason for this.
I admit I don't.
Perhaps one of the motos has gas, but is broken in some way and they are taking it to get fixed.
That is just a guess.
Can you not read? You are being sarcastic (the alternative might get me banned) I suspect and I am a lap behind.:lick:

Aug 6, 2006
It is truly amazing the amount of stuff a person can carry on a wimpy 125 cc Chinese motorcycle. One cylinder and it will carry a huge butane tank, with a kid hanging onto the back to hold it on, 12 sacks of groceries, two full 5 gallon paint buckets, three adults and a child. Barahona is built on a slope, and it is amazing to watch.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Seen this many times in the DR:speechles

11108ip.jpg

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm surprised nobody has posted the correct answer? It's a bonding ritual among Dominican men, generally happens after a dispute has been settled. It's considered an act of forgiveness to offer the outstretched limb as an act of submission to the offended party. Traditionally the ritual will last for a week or 7 rides.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i always assumed it was just to pi** off car drivers so i shoot them with a rifle i keep under my seat. it's not good for my stomach ulcers if i get upset. i have to look after my health.

sirlurksalot

Apr 2, 2002
Have seen something like this many times, only it's 2 guys on one bike. The passenger will be holding on to several lengths of rebar that drag behind on the road. Just another delivery from the local ferreteria.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
It's because they're buddies, they're chilling, chatting, and they don't care if the people behind them get ****ed off. It's not because they're out of gas. If you honk at them a lot, you MIGHT get them to split so you can pass them.

Status
Not open for further replies.