New to me! Legally leaving with child.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Under DR law, bother parents have joint and equal custody of the child. Therefore even with a signed authorization from the mother/father to leave the country (DR) with the child, although accepted and allowed, it is infact illegal. The person leaving the country with the child should have full custody.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I didn't know THAT, have you told Doctor Fabio Guzman????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

No, his employees told me!

Have been my lawyers for quite some time, never considered anyone else since 2008, get the job done, expensive but hassle free. I would hate to think after this time they would wrongfully advise me.

(Are they employees, partners? Whatever!!)

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Can I post a copy of the emails without getting in trouble? I wold hate to think it was AG trying to get one over on me, but I was quoted $200 from one lawyer and $2995 from G----- A----, infact the first quote was $4995. And I have all this on email.

I used GA for everything in my life from residencia to custody and so I am surprised by this if it is indeed intended.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
I'll ask a friend if that's true. But as far as I know for a child to leave with either parent or a relative all they need is a notarized letter from the parent who is staying behind.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Someone who quotes 4995 usd to handle an authorization to bring your own child out of the country I'd call a thief. Especially since the process doesn't cost more than 3000 pesos. (Usd75).

You don't need a lawyer's office for these kind of things. Just a notario publico that will sign your paper for 1000 or 1500 pesos, legalize it for 300 pesos and then the authorization for 3000 pesos.

But maybe they tell you it's actually illegal and probably 'not that easy' to make you believe you need them.

If the mentioned office really quoted you that price for a simple authorization procedure without complications, I wonder why that office is being promoted and recommended on a site like dr1.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
Permiso Para Viajar al Extranjero con Menores:

DOCUMENTOS REQUERIDOS PARA ADQUIRIR EL SERVICIO
1. Situaci?n de menores de edad dominicanos que residan en la Rep?blica Dominicana:
a) Para los casos de los menores de edad de nacionalidad dominicana que viajen en compa??a de ambos padres, el Inspector de Migraci?n requerir? la prueba de la filiaci?n a trav?s del pasaporte del menor y de los pasaportes de sus padres.
b) En los casos en que el menor de edad viaje con uno de los padres, o con un tercero, o l?nea a?rea, la DGM solicitar? los siguientes documentos para conceder la autorizaci?n de salida:
Poder Notarial mediante el cual el(los) padre(s) autoriza(n) la salida del menor de edad, debidamente legalizado por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica.
Acta de nacimiento debidamente legalizada.
Copia del pasaporte de la persona o nombre de la l?nea a?rea con la cual va a viajar.
2 fotograf?as del menor de edad.
Copia del pasaporte del menor de edad.
Copia de la visa del menor y su acompa?ante.
Copia de la c?dula de identidad del (los) padre(s).
----------------------------------------------------------

If the minor will be traveling with one of the parents or a third person what you need is:

- A notarized letter from La Procuraduria General de la Republica authorizing the exit of the minor
- Minor's Legalized birth certificate
- A copy of the passport of the person with whom the minor will travel, or the name of the airline (huh?)
- Two photos of the minor
- A photocopy of the minor's passport
- copies of the minor's and companion's visas
- Both parents cedula copy

-

Source: www.gob.do - Permiso para Viajar al Extranjero con Menores de Edad

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Hug, why don't you ask someone in the UK if you need custody through the courts for
school purposes or better yet ask the school if the notarized signed consent is enough.

Maybe this is what Guzman's office is talking about and not just to get the child out of
the country but that once your daughter is in the UK you may need to show that you
have full custody (through the courts). Proof that she will be living with you permanently.

Just saying.

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
That is what I thought, maybe there is a difference between just leaving with your child for a vacation and having her residing with you in a different country!
My daughter (16 years old) just came back from a 6 week vacation in Europe, she left with a permit issued by immigration. None of us accompanied her. But staying out of the country and start to live somewhere else as a minor could be a different story.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can I post a copy of the emails without getting in trouble? I wold hate to think it was AG trying to get one over on me, but I was quoted $200 from one lawyer and $2995 from G----- A----, infact the first quote was $4995. And I have all this on email.

I used GA for everything in my life from residencia to custody and so I am surprised by this if it is indeed intended.

I have no problem you posting the emails, your call. You will also need to post your contact details (name / email etc), so we have transparency, if not, the thread is deleted.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hug, why don't you ask someone in the UK if you need custody through the courts for
school purposes or better yet ask the school if the notarized signed consent is enough.

Maybe this is what Guzman's office is talking about and not just to get the child out of
the country but that once your daughter is in the UK you may need to show that you
have full custody (through the courts). Proof that she will be living with you permanently.

Just saying.
Hi B,
She is enrolled in school, no issue. We just need to produce her passport.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I consider this a new employee for AG, and doesn't know me as a SD client for quite some years. I am happy to send the stuff to Robert but it is not for me to make these decisons in professionals lives before I know myself the reality.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I consider this a new employee for AG, and doesn't know me as a SD client for quite some years. I am happy to send the stuff to Robert but it is not for me to make these decisons in professionals lives before I know myself the reality.

Actually, I would prefer if you didn't send me anything.

I suggest you get all the details and understand the reality before posting etc.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Actually, I would prefer if you didn't send me anything.

I suggest you get all the details and understand the reality before posting etc.

I would also prefer this. And unless I hear differently from Fabio then I seriously need to question this advise. I have written and called direct with no response.

I probably won't keep you posted as I understand they are a sponsor!

ANyway, take this off what needs to be as this could be damaging if not correct, and I don't want that. They've been good to me over many years.