Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Home Internet Options Sosua Area

I really wish I could figure out how to narrow down the threads returned using the search function on DR1. I've waded through as many of the results I can without pulling my hair out.

What I am looking for:

I need to arrange for internet service shortly after I arrive. I will be living close to Sosua. I would prefer a non cellphone/air wave based service so that immediately excludes Orange's LTE offerings. I know that Claro offers fijo (fixed location) internet service and I have already visited their website. I am looking for a minimum 6 mbs down and 1mbs up.

Are there any other options that are worth exploring? All I need is the name of the company your are using, the offered speed/price and your general impression re: the reliability of the service.

Thanks in advance.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My first choice would be Claro, a weak second to DeLancer cable. But maybe some can update us on Delancer.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We use Delancer and it is pretty good but haven't had Claro to compare.
    You must be moving soon, I hope it's not stressful!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just over three weeks away...

No stress, just lots of hassles to deal with.

5. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Delancer fluctuates but I just ran a speed test and I have 1.43 Mbps download with a .24 Mbps upload and we have the mid level plan, not sure what the top tier garners.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to find a website for Delancer. Are they still located at Las Charamicos? I'll drop by and see what they offer.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always used Delancer. Due to taking graduate classes online, I upgraded to their 5mb service at $$$. I also have a community center that has educational programming using technology. There, I recently connected Claro, with 10 mb. I haven't checked whether I am receiving that, but I can tell you, we use as many as 24 devices all connected to the internet at one time - whether the user is actually online may be another story- but the service is (I hate to say this as a 9 year Delancer customer) better than Delancer at a much less cost. We also have 2 Orange fly boxes. One works well. The other, not so well. Thus, for anyone wanting and needing really high speed, dependable internet service, my experience leads me to recommend Claro.

~ Lindsey

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I can't seem to find a website for Delancer. Are they still located at Las Charamicos? I'll drop by and see what they offer.
    Still there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsey,

Do you mind me asking how much you pay for 5mb with Delancer?

I'm leaning towards Claro and I believe they use a DSL service attached to a phone line. I wasn't planning on having a land line telephone installed preferring to use my cell. Possibly another reason to choose Claro for the bundling. I'll find out from Claro if a telephone is mandatory for their internet service.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been discussed several times in past. Consensus has so far always been Claro.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast