Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DR1 impetus for Dominican nationalism

After reading a fb post that was making the rounds on the 16th I realized DR1 and the comments of many of it's posters confirms what many Dominicans think of foreigners: especially when they want to meddle in their politics.

Here is their quote I am referring to:

Hoy, mas que un día festivo es una fecha conmemorativa que debe llenarnos de patriotismo y hacernos recordar a esos hombres valientes que se entregaron por la patria. Los dominicanos debemos luchar día a día para no ser privados de nuestra libertad, para hacer valer la identidad de nuestra nación y lograr que permanezca libre de toda potencia extranjera.

So keep up the good work.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do

Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

I hope someday you will join us
    And the world will live as one

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn.

4. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Los dominicanos debemos luchar día a día para no ser privados de nuestra libertad, para hacer valer la identidad de nuestra nación y lograr que permanezca libre de toda potencia extranjera.

We, dominicans, should because people like you don't read the constitution. I don't think that person was talking about any foreigner who enjoys the DR culture and wants to become a citizen. They were likely talking about people who want to disrupt the culture and coop the country.

I wonder how many DR1 users are expats (# who enjoy DR, # who visited and now cant get themselves to see the allure) and and how many are dominicans (who either emigrated or live in DR) and are looking for informationand to connect with others.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans can relish their independence very well, being as they had to win it several times.

Not being a citizen, I am neutral about Dominican politics.

7. Likes jkc liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    After reading a fb post that was making the rounds on the 16th I realized DR1 and the comments of many of it's posters confirms what many Dominicans think of foreigners: especially when they want to meddle in their politics.

Here is their quote I am referring to:

Hoy, mas que un día festivo es una fecha conmemorativa que debe llenarnos de patriotismo y hacernos recordar a esos hombres valientes que se entregaron por la patria. Los dominicanos debemos luchar día a día para no ser privados de nuestra libertad, para hacer valer la identidad de nuestra nación y lograr que permanezca libre de toda potencia extranjera.

libre de toda potencia extranjera? free of all outside power?

and exactly how is that going to be achieved when the DR is a developing nation which is economically dependent upon the core countries?

9. Likes Africaida, AnnaC, Harleysrock, jkc, K-Mel and 2 others liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

chump didn't "Get It"!!!!
    The message is NOT about any "Foreigners" living in the DR, it's about "ONE PERSON's" idea that the DR should not be influenced by "Foreign Countries"!!!!
    Did you expect anything else from him?????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

11. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    chump didn't "Get It"!!!!
    The message is NOT about any "Foreigners" living in the DR, it's about "ONE PERSON's" idea that the DR should not be influenced by "Foreign Countries"!!!!
    Did you expect anything else from him?????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Exactly. OP missed the boat on that one. Reading for comprehension not a strong point for him.

13. Likes Criss Colon, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ANY pretext to show how "Dominican" he is, how dumb we are,and how we don't "Fit In' Here.
    The only two things he forgot was an anti abortion comment, and a "USA BASH"!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

15. Likes Africaida, Harleysrock, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    ANY pretext to show how "Dominican" he is, how dumb we are,and how we don't "Fit In' Here.
    The only two things he forgot was an anti abortion comment, and a "USA BASH"!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    day ain't over yet...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast