Sending money to the DR truly anonymously?

FrankA

Aug 20, 2014
Hi all,

I just found out about DR1 and I'm glad I did. I live in the states but I have an apartment in Santiago close to PUCMM. I'm usually there about 4 months out of the year.

Anyways, I would like to send money to some friends in Santiago, less than USD$100. Is there any way that I can send money to someone without having to use identification? In other words, that it's completely untraceable?

I've sent with Western Union and paypal, but you need a valid ID and I don't want them to know where the money comes from. I want it to be untraceable. I was even thinking of sending it via regular mail to something like EPS, but that would just be plain stupid.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

snoode

Jul 25, 2014
Don't know where you live but if you can find a moneygram location in a bodega you can fill out the initial form and supply a phone number (does not need to be yours) and they rarely ask for ID except if you send over 800 in one transaction. I would avoid a money gram location in a walmart or chain store they ask for id there. once your in the system they just use the phone number every time not
your name

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Get a refillable gift card and get it to the person(s) in question. Refill it at home with cash as needed.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi all,

I just found out about DR1 and I'm glad I did. I live in the states but I have an apartment in Santiago close to PUCMM. I'm usually there about 4 months out of the year.

Anyways, I would like to send money to some friends in Santiago, less than USD$100. Is there any way that I can send money to someone without having to use identification? In other words, that it's completely untraceable?

I've sent with Western Union and paypal, but you need a valid ID and I don't want them to know where the money comes from. I want it to be untraceable. I was even thinking of sending it via regular mail to something like EPS, but that would just be plain stupid.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

It is difficult to do what you want without supplying ID. Do not send cash, gift card or anything like this through the mail or delivery service. This all goes through DR customs and it will never make it to the desired end result. It is probably better to try to make arrangements when you are acutally in the DR.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I know a guy who wants to help out now and again with a child that may be his, but doesn't know for sure it is his, and doesn't want to get tied down on it either (yes, I tell him he is a deadbeat).
He western unions money to a friend and gets the friend to deposit the money directly into her account. No ID required to pay money into someones account. Other than that I believe it is extremely difficult without ID, otherwise that would leave crime money an open door.