new road to santiago update

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i really do not know. i heard different things. one is that they will build a new road that was started ages ago and never completed. this is different than both turistica and current main road to navarette. that would connect with navarette-santiago road. there is also a rumour that they will expand existing road.

we will have to wait until september to hear about this. i do not mind either way, i just want a better road.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
It would be real hard to add width to the current navarrete puerto plata road because that means houses have to go and there is plenty of houses on the road side..I would like to know the real plan too..I know that gonsalvo Castillo said something about the road ending up by the bus terminal or something in puerto plata

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It would be real hard to add width to the current navarrete puerto plata road because that means houses have to go and there is plenty of houses on the road side..I would like to know the real plan too..I know that gonsalvo Castillo said something about the road ending up by the bus terminal or something in puerto plata

They would remove/move those houses if they go to 4 lanes. I see no other way to do this. Most probably do not have valid titles.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have forgotten is this road going to be built before or after the new hospital, or the opening of the sugar plant, or....

Bob K

Ps sorry I missed my morning coffee this morning.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The road will be built with 4 lanes, two each way with safe/emergency stop margins alongside. It will not be based on the existing road for the most part but a new trace starting at the NEW Circunvalacion Norte in Santiago all the way to Playa Dorada/La Gran Parada in Puerto Plata.
The new trace of the road will cut about 23 km of zig zags in present road between the two points.

The new road is estimated to have a travel time of 28 minutes for commuters between the two cities and will look just like this one below:

showimage.php

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

the houses can be torn down,no problemo. most have no titles anyways but the government would pay, like they always did. which is why it may be cheaper to build a new road...
what bus terminal in POP? caribe and metro are in the city centre. javilla?

ach, gran parada, sorry, saw pichi's post after i posted.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
the houses can be torn down,no problemo. most have no titles anyways but the government would pay, like they always did. which is why it may be cheaper to build a new road...
what bus terminal in POP? caribe and metro are in the city centre. javilla?

ach, gran parada, sorry, saw pichi's post after i posted.
Yea me to pilchardo is right la gran parada

May 12, 2005
The road will be built with 4 lanes, two each way with safe/emergency stop margins alongside. It will not be based on the existing road for the most part but a new trace starting at the NEW Circunvalacion Norte in Santiago all the way to Playa Dorada/La Gran Parada in Puerto Plata.
The new trace of the road will cut about 23 km of zig zags in present road between the two points.

The new road is estimated to have a travel time of 28 minutes for commuters between the two cities and will look just like this one below:

showimage.php

Just 28 minutes between STI and POP? Whatcha' talkin' bout Willis?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gran parada makes sense. this way the road would bypass POP. less heavy traffic is good for the city. maybe not so much for few of the gas stations on manolo tavarez justo thou...

pichi's posts corresponds with what i heard about the road (was it in la zeta?).

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I heard the new road would split off from the Santiago bypass and cut North through the mountains and farms and come out near Playa Dorada somewhere. If (a very big IF) you can keep the road relatively straight then 28 minutes is easily achievable.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think so too: if the road is relatively straight, 4 lines and with a toll that would reduce the traffic - 28 minutes is doable.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
if they could only fix carretera duarte from licey to don lindo santiago..damn that piece of crap road buggs me especially at night

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
December of 15 yes, 2115. If anyone thinks the DR can build this new road by 2015.... please make me an offer....

e9e629c026bfdd4760e1be30d1615f36_large.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

showimage.php

Showing where that will be on a map would be quite useful.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Showing where that will be on a map would be quite useful.

It will not be published until AFTER all the private property affected by the new trace are addressed and paid for by the gov to avoid a repeat of what took place on the one above. Which had to detour the original trace due to property interests involved.

The original trace in red for that section with the aftermath shown at the same time directly below it:

2433uh1.jpg

The aftermath of that trace (you can see a part of the old trace from the original road extending on one end):

2qk33ti.jpg