Miley Cyrus concert banned in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Miley Cyrus concert had been programmed for 13 September at the Quisqueya Ball Park in Santo Domingo. But the Comision Nacional de Espectaculos Publicos y Radiofonia says that it is its responsibility to prevent the presenting in the Dominican Republic of shows that offend public morals, with actions that promote sex and violence that have been presented in past Cyrus concerts.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is this why?

333hez7.gif

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ummmm, isn't the DR all about Sex and Violence?! All this morals stuff is getting really old, I have never seen such horrible morals than in this Country!

Damn I LOVE Miley!!

no Miley Cyrus, so the kids will have more free time to go shagging down by the river.

Aug 6, 2006
There are daily programs that feature nothing but booty shaking, twerks and kootchie krunches on Dominican TV. The censors prefer to be appalled at a foreigner doing the same in a slightly different way, it appears.

I do not see this as a free speech issue or anything that is going to change the moral tone of public spectacles. It is more like a meaningless gesture to the members of the rich folks who fear that their youngsters will be overcome with fits of twerking and booty grinding.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There are daily programs that feature nothing but booty shaking, twerks and kootchie krunches on Dominican TV. The censors prefer to be appalled at a foreigner doing the same in a slightly different way, it appears.

I do not see this as a free speech issue or anything that is going to change the moral tone of public spectacles. It is more like a meaningless gesture to the members of the rich folks who fear that their youngsters will be overcome with fits of twerking and booty grinding.

who are these people trying to impress with this morality schtick? do they know that people are snickering in their corn flakes?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Too bad for Miley but there was some very good news as far as sex and violence and music go's
OMAGIA IS OUT OF JAIL AND FREE!!!!!!!!
Hell yes boys and girls.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
These are the same people that go to church with their wife and kids , Then the family goes home to eat , and then the husband goes to the cabanas with his girlfriend , hypocrites .

May 29, 2006
Pity she didn't stick to Country.

[video=youtube;wOwblaKmyVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.