moving from santo domingo to montreal canada

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
hello,
im interested in getting some info ahead of time

in about one year ill be heading back to Montreal, i was wondering if i should sell my things in santo domingo or ship it all so i wont have to start all over.

i have a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment, nothing of value, ikea furnature or pin Wood things from compra venta type of things. new fridge . and i have nothing in canada so. has anyone experianced shipping a m?dium size container. id say 14 feet long and 10 wide, and 10 high. i dont think id be able to sell these things for alot here, 50% less than what i paid. or even less. which is what id probably spend for a sof? alone in canada. would shipping be 1000 or less? should i ship or start all over.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Your thing have a better value for resell here compare to MTL

Would sell everything and buy other stuff in MTL.

You usually wanna do it the other way aroung, bring your stuff from canada to dr.

Start all over

Bonne chance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
what i have here didnt cost much, i have for only about 1500. to get all of what i have now again in canada id have to spend a good almost 8000. what i have here tht has a value of 1500, i would get like 500 to sell it to neighbors etc. . basicly what i need is a Price of how much it is to ship a container

jackfi

Mar 31, 2013
Off topic: why DR1 does not have a buying/selling/giving a away-section? Pretty much all the other discussion forums I read has one. Especially here where people are coming and going, would be a nice to have?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
container s/b a few thousand but we have always had problems shipping FROM RD....
I posted a company once ... Montero? or Rosa del Monte:rolleyes:

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
To buy equal furniture and appliances - that is, used - would cost very little in Montreal. Craigslist would have it all for you.

Firefighter

Apr 18, 2014
To ship from Saint John NB to The DR is approx $2800 US, to Montreal would be more. Containers come in 2 sizes, 20 and 40 foot containers. You may also need to file import documents with CBSA. Better to sell in the DR and start fresh

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A friend of mine went back and had a Dominican friend organize a house sale with all her friends.. very low prices, of course, but the women who got the stuff were SO excited and so pleased. You will leave your neighbors with great big smiles on their faces. Not worth it to ship Ikea furniture, really. And to Give some stuff away to folks who would never be able to afford it feels really great.