Looking for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ in very good condition

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I am looking for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ in very good condition. This older model is a little bit hard to find here.

If somebody has one for sale, please contact me. FOV (foreigner owned vehicle) condition only, please, with clean interior and no barrio?style modifications.

Thanks!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am looking for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ in very good condition. This older model is a little bit hard to find here.

If somebody has one for sale, please contact me. FOV (foreigner owned vehicle) condition only, please, with clean interior and no barrio–style modifications.

Thanks!

be careful what you wish for; you just might get it. the first time it breaks down, you will realize why you should have bought a Toyota. then again , you should be able to get one for next to nothing, since it is hard to give them away here.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
not a good car in the US. A money pit in the DR. You think its pretty? Lots of gringos have gone off the deep end over pretty.
Do you have a relative who owns a repair shop in the DR?

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Not what you are looking for but I could help with a 2004 Ford Explorer AWD. Gringo owned and maintained for last two years. Owner leaving the country shortly so will be a good price for a quick sale.

PM for details.

FB

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Guys, thank you for your opinions, but I need exactly this model for one project. This is not about is this a good car or bad car. I just need exactly this car, the best option is if it's a Limited model on 17" wheels, L6 engine, leather interior and with 4x4 (but not with a Full Time Quadra Drive transfer case with a V8 engine). I have seen some here for sale (corotos, supercarros, etc), all have propane equipment installed, or the interior is heavily damaged, or something else is wrong. I have seen some in the street, maybe next time I see one I just have to ask the owner if he wants to sell it...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Guys, thank you for your opinions, but I need exactly this model for one project. This is not about is this a good car or bad car. I just need exactly this car, the best option is if it's a Limited model on 17" wheels, L6 engine, leather interior and with 4x4 (but not with a Full Time Quadra Drive transfer case with a V8 engine). I have seen some here for sale (corotos, supercarros, etc), all have propane equipment installed, or the interior is heavily damaged, or something else is wrong. I have seen some in the street, maybe next time I see one I just have to ask the owner if he wants to sell it...

ok; now i get it. you are shooting a movie..

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
ok; now i get it. you are shooting a movie..
hahahah.... nooo. I just don't see why I have to disclose the details of the project here... and I don't like to do that until the project is finished. So, I just need to buy this model in really good condition, that's it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hahahah.... nooo. I just don't see why I have to disclose the details of the project here... and I don't like to do that until the project is finished. So, I just need to buy this model in really good condition, that's it.

i wish you the best of luck....

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
Not what you are looking for but I could help with a 2004 Ford Explorer AWD. Gringo owned and maintained for last two years. Owner leaving the country shortly so will be a good price for a quick sale.

PM for details.

FB

Fred, sended u a PM, how much for the Ford, i might know somebody who is interested, depending the price

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
we are just nosey. When you added really good conditon to the list you doomed the project.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Guys, please, once again, I know what I am doing. This is not Jeep VS Toyota discussion. And it's possible to find a car in really good condition here, but sometimes it takes a lot of time for a particular model. Actually, I know at least one Grand Cherokee WJ that was garage kept and even the leather interior is very clean, but it's not the right model for my project because of Full–Time 4x4 transfer case, this model has a different drivetrain. Of course I can buy it and convert the drivetrain to the right one, but it will make the project more expensive, so I prefer to wait until I find another one.

By the way, I have two American SUVs here, one is 1990 and another one is 2002, both are in perfect condition with no problems at all. I think I am not the only one in this country who cares about his cars. That's why I am asking here, maybe somebody has his Grand Cherokee WJ for sale.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OP someone here a few months ago was looking for a jeep cherokee, and though was battered back and forth by the usual crew he fould one and posted pics as his project went along. Remember not his name. someone else may.
Der Fish

JDJones restored a 2 door Jeep a while back... showed pics.