Bermudian Killed in Dominicann Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
A Bermudian man has reportedly been killed in the Dominican Republic.

And it is understood that police in the country are treating the death of John Johnston as suspicious.

Mr Johnston, 42, died in the Caribbean island earlier this week.

Mr Johnston?s family could not be contacted for comment last night, although several expressed shock and anger at the news on Facebook.

This afternoon a Bermuda Police Service spokesman confirmed the death, but did not say if Mr Johnston had been murdered.

?The Bermuda Police Service can confirm the death of a 42 year old Bermudian National in the Dominican Republic,? the spokesman said in a statement.

?Circumstances surrounding the death of the 42 year old man are unclear at this juncture however police are now liaising with the relevant officials in that jurisdiction.?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
It happened before.

Investigation launched into Bermudian's death in Dominican Republic | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda Crime

Unfortunately, the report does not even say where in the Dominican Republic the man died.
Dominican authorities are not keen on publicizing deaths of foreigners (unless they were already reported in the press).

Anyway, so far I haven't seen anything about this in the Dominican newspapers.

Four years ago this happened*:
Bermudian Murdered Dominican Republic Bermuda Ricky Tucker | Bernews.com
I do not know whether anything came out of that.

donP

*)
And yes, I know, it happens everywhere... :rolleyes:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not remember reading about it in any source i look at daily. i will report if i see anything.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
got it. he died in costambar, heart attack:
DiarioPuertoPlata.Com ? MUERE TURISTA EN COSTAMBAR
https://fantasiafm.com.do/apresan-d...-muere-extranjero-por-infarto-en-costa-ambar/

La Direcci?n Regional Norte, P. N., que dirige el General de Brigada FRANCISCO ROMER LOPEZ, P. N., informa, que falleci? en el Apartamento 08 del Residencial Atlantic One, ubicado en la calle Anacona no. 07 del complejo Tur?stico Costambar de esta ciudad Puerto Plata, quien en vida respond?a al Nacional Bermude?o John Christopher Johnston, 42 a?os de edad, Soltero, Turista, pasaporte No. 602096023, Resid?a en la Direcci?n Ante Mencionada, al ser examinado su cad?ver por el M?dico Legista Dr. Sergio Jhoel Santana, Certifico DX: Infarto Agudo al Miocardio, que lo sufri? mientras se encontraba en dicha habitaci?n, el mismo entro al pa?s en fecha 07-08-2014 y ten?a previsto marcharse en fecha 15-08-2014, el Cad?ver est? Siendo enviado al Instituto Regional de Patolog?a Forense de la Ciudad de Santo Domingo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know it is possible for people to die of natural causes, right? :cheeky: english articles do not quote the source. maybe they went by the info that the body was taken to INACIF, which is a standard procedure when foreigners die in DR.

i will ask the security in costambar, they gossip like old ladies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
update: i spoke to costambar police and this death was of natural causes. i guess that initial reporter (english text) must have been thrown off by the info that the body was taken for forensic examination. this is a normal procedure for extranjeros dying in DR, maybe foreign journalist did not know that and smelled something fishy.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
update: i spoke to costambar police and this death was of natural causes. i guess that initial reporter (english text) must have been thrown off by the info that the body was taken for forensic examination. this is a normal procedure for extranjeros dying in DR, maybe foreign journalist did not know that and smelled something fishy.

If he had female company for sure it might be something fishy...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sometimes a heart attack is just a heart attack, whether home alone or is presence of other people, even putas.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Puta or Hole

sometimes a heart attack is just a heart attack, whether home alone or is presence of other people, even putas.

A heart attack in the presence of a puta is more likely than without her.... ;)

On the other hand in this country there were cases of the coroner certifying a natural death, overlooking a little hole in the back of the head... :tired:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you mean a "heart attack" as in having a heart attacked with a bullet or a knife? ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

RIP.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.