Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bermudian Killed in Dominicann Republic

A Bermudian man has reportedly been killed in the Dominican Republic.

And it is understood that police in the country are treating the death of John Johnston as suspicious.

Mr Johnston, 42, died in the Caribbean island earlier this week.

Mr Johnston’s family could not be contacted for comment last night, although several expressed shock and anger at the news on Facebook.

This afternoon a Bermuda Police Service spokesman confirmed the death, but did not say if Mr Johnston had been murdered.

“The Bermuda Police Service can confirm the death of a 42 year old Bermudian National in the Dominican Republic,” the spokesman said in a statement.

“Circumstances surrounding the death of the 42 year old man are unclear at this juncture however police are now liaising with the relevant officials in that jurisdiction.”

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has information or details to share please do.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It happened before.

Investigation launched into Bermudian's death in Dominican Republic | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda Crime

Unfortunately, the report does not even say where in the Dominican Republic the man died.
    Dominican authorities are not keen on publicizing deaths of foreigners (unless they were already reported in the press).

Anyway, so far I haven't seen anything about this in the Dominican newspapers.

Four years ago this happened*:
    Bermudian Murdered Dominican Republic Bermuda Ricky Tucker | Bernews.com
    I do not know whether anything came out of that.

donP

*)
    And yes, I know, it happens everywhere...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not remember reading about it in any source i look at daily. i will report if i see anything.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

got it. he died in costambar, heart attack:
    DiarioPuertoPlata.Com » MUERE TURISTA EN COSTAMBAR
    https://fantasiafm.com.do/apresan-do...n-costa-ambar/

La Dirección Regional Norte, P. N., que dirige el General de Brigada FRANCISCO ROMER LOPEZ, P. N., informa, que falleció en el Apartamento 08 del Residencial Atlantic One, ubicado en la calle Anacona no. 07 del complejo Turístico Costambar de esta ciudad Puerto Plata, quien en vida respondía al Nacional Bermudeño John Christopher Johnston, 42 años de edad, Soltero, Turista, pasaporte No. 602096023, Residía en la Dirección Ante Mencionada, al ser examinado su cadáver por el Médico Legista Dr. Sergio Jhoel Santana, Certifico DX: Infarto Agudo al Miocardio, que lo sufrió mientras se encontraba en dicha habitación, el mismo entro al país en fecha 07-08-2014 y tenía previsto marcharse en fecha 15-08-2014, el Cadáver está Siendo enviado al Instituto Regional de Patología Forense de la Ciudad de Santo Domingo.

6. Likes BermudaRum liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 Gringo Deaths

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    he died in costambar, heart attack..
    Heart attack is diagnosed very often...

So, why this:
    "... police in the country are treating the death of John Johnston as suspicious."

Two more foreigners also died:
    DiarioPuertoPlata.Com » DOS EXTRANJEROS MUEREN

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you know it is possible for people to die of natural causes, right? english articles do not quote the source. maybe they went by the info that the body was taken to INACIF, which is a standard procedure when foreigners die in DR.

i will ask the security in costambar, they gossip like old ladies.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Two more foreigners also died
    and a german lady who got electrocuted:
    https://fantasiafm.com.do/mueren-dos...rete-y-yasica/

i usually do not report deaths from accidents and natural causes but i think i may start doing it. many of those people were known to dr1ers and i am sure the posters would like to know, if only to pay last respect, organize care for animals that might have been left behind and so on.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

update: i spoke to costambar police and this death was of natural causes. i guess that initial reporter (english text) must have been thrown off by the info that the body was taken for forensic examination. this is a normal procedure for extranjeros dying in DR, maybe foreign journalist did not know that and smelled something fishy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    update: i spoke to costambar police and this death was of natural causes. i guess that initial reporter (english text) must have been thrown off by the info that the body was taken for forensic examination. this is a normal procedure for extranjeros dying in DR, maybe foreign journalist did not know that and smelled something fishy.
    If he had female company for sure it might be something fishy...

12. Likes sosuamatt liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast