Which shipping company to us when buying off e-bay or Amazon

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Can anyone tell me which company to use as a secondary shipper. Vimenpaq has an office here in Jarabacoa but her friend in SD says to use Domex Home
Any experience with either company?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
EPS has been excellent for me for many years. Never lost a package, they have EMail notifications also.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Have used EPS an EnCargo Paq, both have email, EnCargo Paq delivers to the home, don't have to go get it, and its a little cheaper, but takes a little longer, couple of days. Santo Domingo

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Shop around

EPS does have a site in Jarabacoa, at C/ Marionelson Gal?n esq. S?nchez, Edif. Don Oscar, Modulo 1E, ph. (809) 574-7777.

EPS has a good reputation. But, be aware, they are a freight forwarding company that includes an air freight portion of its transport. The tariff is reasonable for very small shipments and documents. However, when you moving large articles it is best to shop around to see about availability and cost of similar articles in the DR vs the combined cost and freight charges of offshore purchases.

Regards,

PJT

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We are mainly looking at shipping children's educational toys bought of Amazon. The price here is so high that it is probably cheaper with shipping charges. I was aware of EPS and have used them for documents, but my question I guess should have been has anyone used the company I referred to: Domex

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't know of anyone using Domex. I have used Vimenpaq, EPS and Encargopaq. I prefer the latter since they deliver for the same or lower price.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not sure about Jarabacoa but here in Santo Domingo I use EPS and I've never had any problems with them.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I also use "EPS", have for years, never a problem, and ONLY for shipments less than 5 or 6 pounds.
The charge is about $5.oo US a pound.
I am thinking of getting an account at "Encargopak", as they are cheaper, and, like "EPS", also have an office near my house.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Where is theyr office in Arroyo Hondo CC? Was also thinking going with them, 3.80$/pd instead of 5$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I also use "EPS", have for years, never a problem, and ONLY for shipments less than 5 or 6 pounds.
The charge is about $5.oo US a pound.
I am thinking of getting an account at "Encargopak", as they are cheaper, and, like "EPS", also have an office near my house.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

More expensive, don't deliver and I think EPS still charges an annual fee.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"EPS" is on "Camino Chiquito" near the new "La Cadena" Super.
"EPS" delivers.
"Encargo Pak" is near "Plaza Botanica", and Super National.
Directly Across from "Helados Bon, and "Taco Bell"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"EPS" is on "Camino Chiquito" near the new "La Cadena" Super.
"EPS" delivers.
"Encargo Pak" is near "Plaza Botanica", and Super National.
Directly Across from "Helados Bon, and "Taco Bell"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

EPS does not deliver in Cabarete.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
EPS, downtown across from Casa Marte. Used them for years. Good service.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am pretty sure that EPS stopped charging annual fees. At least I have not paid one in two years or so. Might depend on the office though. Nothing here is carved in stone.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
EPS is not perfect. They have a constant problem with packages delivered to them with USPS, they show up in their system and get processed 2-3 days after the actual delivery. When I asked them about that, they tried to lie to me that USPS mark a package as delivered in their tracking system, but deliver it later. That was just a typical Dominican bullsh@t, one day when I was in Miami I went personally to the USPS office that delivered my USPS package to EPS and got a proof that it was delivered 2 days ago, after EPS employee in Miami lied to me that it was not delivered yet. I had a problem with a couple packages that were delivered but lost in their warehouse, and they were found 2 weeks later after EPS agreed to pay a compensation to me. But there are no problems with FedEx or UPS packages, they register the delivery of them the same day always.

Also EPS is the worst service for a regular mail (USPS envelopes with no tracking number) forwarding, since they combine all the mail in Miami and then ship it to DR maybe once in 2 weeks. So it takes faster to get a mail directly from US to Dominican mail address than via EPS. This happened to me more than 10 times and I finally stopped using them as a regular mail forwarder, and use them only for packages.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I use JetPack. No problems so far, and they will even deliver if I ask them too. $189RD/lb, so about $4.50US/lb. The only downside is that I can never login to their system to track a package, and no one can seem to reset my password for me.