Bar D' Latin opens within three weeks?

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Sos?a-News

In early June, at the orders of the government, the popular bar D' Latin, in the main street Pedro Clisante was closed. The owner of the bar is Willy Olivences (El Chamo), who is also vice mayor of Sos?a. Willy recently claimed in interviews with tourists that the bar would open again within three weeks and will be restored to its former glory. According to Willy dozens of employees, including bar attendants, waiters, disc jockeys, porters, cleaners and kitchen staff are left penniless by this closure. Of the income of these workers entire families depend. But not only that, also supermarkets, fashion stores, hair salons, pharmacies, motorcycle taxis etc. depend on it and have seen their sales decline. But Willy promised to take (most) old employees back. They will soon be able to earn their daily bread by honest means.

Willy has recently terminated his party membership of the PRD (Party of Mayor Ilana Neumann) and has returned to the ranks of his former party 'Partido Social Christian Reformist' (PRSC). He will run for mayor of Sos?a in 2015 on behalf of the PRSC.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The owner of the bar is Willy Olivences (El Chamo), who is also vice mayor of Sos?a.
Willy has never owned D'Latin:cross-eye
According to Willy dozens of employees, including bar attendants, waiters, disc jockeys, porters, cleaners and kitchen staff are left penniless by this closure. Of the income of these workers entire families depend
You will find them across the street working in Classicos since June...
But Willy promised to take (most) old employees back. They will soon be able to earn their daily bread by honest means.
You will find them across the street working in Classicos since June...

This should be posted in The Clown Bin:cheeky::cheeky:

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
D'Latin To Reopen Soon

From today's Sosua News:

In early June, at the orders of the government, the popular bar D' Latin, in the main street Pedro Clisante was closed. The owner of the bar is Willy Olivences (El Chamo), who is also vice mayor of Sos?a. Willy recently claimed in interviews with tourists that the bar would open again within three weeks and will be restored to its former glory. According to Willy dozens of employees, including bar attendants, waiters, disc jockeys, porters, cleaners and kitchen staff are left penniless by this closure. Of the income of these workers entire families depend. But not only that, also supermarkets, fashion stores, hair salons, pharmacies, motorcycle taxis etc. depend on it and have seen their sales decline. But Willy promised to take (most) old employees back. They will soon be able to earn their daily bread by honest means.

Willy has recently terminated his party membership of the PRD (Party of Mayor Ilana Neumann) and has returned to the ranks of his former party 'Partido Social Christian Reformist' (PRSC). He will run for mayor of Sos?a in 2015 on behalf of the PRSC.

PS: Recently in another thread someone posted they had seen Willy around town talking to a lot of people and wondered what he was doing. Now we know: campaigning, and probably he is also one of the people the mayor fussed about in her recent rant.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Odd they keep saying he is the owner while others say he has nothing to do with this business.

Isn't the PRSC a party that is all but dead?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Never in my life have I seen expats living in a third world country give so much attention to one single square block.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone know the title of this weeks free family movie? The Sosua News should post the coming movie titles like Edenorte posts the hours during which we will be in the dark. Not that I mind the dark. I do some of my best work in the dark.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"D'Latin To Reopen Soon" / "Bar D' Latin opens within three weeks?"

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't these two threads basically the same???

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
"D'Latin To Reopen Soon" / "Bar D' Latin opens within three weeks?"

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't these two threads basically the same???

Ken did not see the first one apparently , two for the price of one, like a HAPPY HOUR!