I don't know if this is allowed..

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
But I have started a blog about living here and I would like to share it with you all. My mom thinks its funny but she is biased :rolleyes:

croowoo | Smile! You

Take a look see and read from the bottom up :classic:

If this is not allowed, I am ok with mods deleting it. I just wanted to try to get this out there.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
But I have started a blog about living here and I would like to share it with you all. My mom thinks its funny but she is biased :rolleyes:

croowoo | Smile! You

Take a look see and read from the bottom up :classic:

If this is not allowed, I am ok with mods deleting it. I just wanted to try to get this out there.

many of us are over 50. we don't have enough time left to read that posting.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It's actually very entertaining reading (although I sympathize with your pain!). You should consider publishing it one day.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I enjoyed your blog, you have good story-telling genes.

Blogs are allowed on DR1, unless they have advertising on them [which yours doesn't].

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Snarky, Gorgon.

I read it. Good writing, Cwoo.

Did you go to HOMS in Santiago? Or where? Have you gotten a diagnosis yet? No wonder you are so irritated. Sounds like you are going through a lot, with the kids, and undiagnosed pain and amoebas.. and then the yeuk with immigration. Hope that you feel better soon.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Snarky, Gorgon.

Did you go to HOMS in Santiago? Or where? Have you gotten a diagnosis yet? No wonder you are so irritated. Sounds like you are going through a lot, with the kids, and undiagnosed pain and amoebas.. and then the yeuk with immigration. Hope that you feel better soon.

I am glad that you enjoyed it :)

I did go to HOMS and they found nothing wrong. Now we think its Nephritis. It is a nightmare but hopefully it will be over soon. I have to write the story about the hospital because it was hilarious and I went American on them and they didn't know what to do. Thank you for reading my blog!

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
It's actually very entertaining reading (although I sympathize with your pain!). You should consider publishing it one day.

Awww that is the best compliment ever. Thank you so much! And I am sorry you sympathize with my pain. Does that mean you are in pain too? That's not happy :(

Thank you for reading my blog and enjoying it!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Good blog of first experiences as an expat in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is the country name not the Dominican.Americans would not say they are from the United. Dominicans fought hard to become a republic and we expats should honor their pride.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Snarky, Gorgon.

i know. sometimes i get into these moods..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Awww that is the best compliment ever. Thank you so much! And I am sorry you sympathize with my pain. Does that mean you are in pain too? That's not happy :(

Thank you for reading my blog and enjoying it!

I've had a few bouts of Amoeba and a little of everything over the past 18 years on the DR. The most recent having been a mild (compared to others but still annoying) case of Chikungunya. You would have loved to have seen the first clinic I went to in the DR. Little foam mattress, pedestal fan to cool down 5 patients and my iv had to be re-inserted at least 10 times over 3 days (I've never permitted anyone to poke me in the hand again!). Oh the good times...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in time you will eat lettuce again ;) i was sick roughly every 2 months for my first 2 years here. 8th year in DR and i don't even wash the vegetables. things will feel a lot less f**ked once you learn more spanish.

and get tomografia abdominal to check the kidneys better. good luck.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am glad that you enjoyed it :)

I did go to HOMS and they found nothing wrong. Now we think its Nephritis. It is a nightmare but hopefully it will be over soon. I have to write the story about the hospital because it was hilarious and I went American on them and they didn't know what to do. Thank you for reading my blog!

Wait, wait.. You went to HOMS and they found nothing wrong and now "we" think it is
Nephritis, Nephritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is life threatening? that is.. who? you and WebMD? (I do the same thing.. do the self diagnosis, it is always cancer, never a sore throat and I always avoid the doctors!)

So you do not even have an infection in your kidneys?

This really can all be from the Amoebas... we have strong amoebas here.

Did they test for parasites? Give you meds for that?

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Good blog of first experiences as an expat in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is the country name not the Dominican.Americans would not say they are from the United. Dominicans fought hard to become a republic and we expats should honor their pride.

Good advice and I will do that in the future. I apologize for my mistakes.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
I've had a few bouts of Amoeba and a little of everything over the past 18 years on the DR. The most recent having been a mild (compared to others but still annoying) case of Chikungunya. You would have loved to have seen the first clinic I went to in the DR. Little foam mattress, pedestal fan to cool down 5 patients and my iv had to be re-inserted at least 10 times over 3 days (I've never permitted anyone to poke me in the hand again!). Oh the good times...

Oh. My. God. I would have ran away and gone back to wherever I came from. That is some scary sh**. I hope you feel better soon. Do you still Chikungunya.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
in time you will eat lettuce again ;) i was sick roughly every 2 months for my first 2 years here. 8th year in DR and i don't even wash the vegetables. things will feel a lot less f**ked once you learn more spanish.

and get tomografia abdominal to check the kidneys better. good luck.

I did get a tomografia abdominal- all normal :) And I think you are crazy for not washing the veggies! aaahh! I am sure I will get to that point someday.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Wait, wait.. You went to HOMS and they found nothing wrong and now "we" think it is
Nephritis, Nephritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is life threatening? that is.. who? you and WebMD? (I do the same thing.. do the self diagnosis, it is always cancer, never a sore throat and I always avoid the doctors!)

So you do not even have an infection in your kidneys?

This really can all be from the Amoebas... we have strong amoebas here.

Did they test for parasites? Give you meds for that?

They tested for EVERYTHING. I swear to God they took almost all my blood and put it into tubes. No amoebas. Nothing. Nephritis can be life threatening but given the fact that I have symptoms that match it and we are out of options. It wasn't a "pick a straw" diagnosis. I have a lot of the symptoms.