Need a plumber with leak listening equipment

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I have had a leak in my second floor bathroom for over a year now. I've "repaired" this leak 3 times; the last time I had the entire floor removed and all of the pipes exposed. After the leak was "fixed" and the floors were replaced, about 1 week later it started again. I don't want to go through the hassle of guessing where the leak is an would rather use a professional with a leak listening device. I live in Santiago, Gurabo area.....Would appreciate if anyone knows of a plumber with this type of equipment that can do this job. Cheers!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
expensive schooling. time consuming and frustrating. maybe you can tell us more about this leak.. i.e. where do u see water? alot/little.... and plumbing in d.r. is the same in u.s. materials and binders(adhesives) have to be properly used... question do u have hot water? i mean the dom.plumb mechanics work with cold all the time but when you switch to hot it gets tricky

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Is it the drain or the source (hot cold). A stain put in the drain could answer that - stains in drain resulting in stain (same color) on wall/ceiling.

Does it leak warm water or cold?

Leak listening equipment will work but it will be here to find.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
I know a plumber in Sosua with really BIG EARS that can hear anything!! :D Just kidding eh, if you find a plumber with this equipment please let me know, I have a similar problem!

Have a good one! :)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well since no one has come up with anything here is the solution...probably a hot water leaking pipe...but ....... one has to read the instructions/directions /how to use part of the can the glue comes in...
if the connections were copper and soldered there would not be a problem. (but plastic...ah ha...) different animal...2 different kinds ...there s the white water supply pipe that uses regular pvc cement and then for hot water you have cpvc...and it needs a different glue/adhesive..
this is probably the leak...hot water line...i was watching a commercial plumbing repair job and the plumbers were sitting around doing nothing ...i asked...y? this pipe had a retaining collar on it a pressure reducer and they passed the can of cement to me to read wait three hours....they did... i learned....the hard way before...had to fix a pipe that was newly installed by company, two more times....second time i did it i read the can....waited ,and this was cold water line....

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
First I think you should make sure other possibilities than leaking pipes. I had water leaking from our bathroom because the filler between the tiles was detoriated and let water through.

Later I had also problems with the pipes, had them all changed for (flexible) Polyehtylene tubes instead of PVC, since the latter tend to give problems with the (often happening) changes in pressure of the water, result you fix one leak and you'll get another somewhere else. PE is much stronger than PVC, won't break and wont get punched. I spent quiet some money to have all pipes in that bathroom changed, but it was worth it.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Mike Fitzgerald has it, and he guarantees his work: 809-601--0046

Frank

Maybe some of you guys here cannot read!? Mike Fitzgerald has the machine that listens for leaks and her guarantees his work. He is also one of the few people here who is U.S certified for air-condition repair and has all the equipment here. he services many condo units here on the North Coast, and works with a licensed plumber from the UK.

PS. The next thing someone who cannot read is going to suggest here (without reading the posts) is to hire an American Indian and fly him down here in order to put his ear to the ground to listen for your leak.

Stop wasting your time and call Mike:809-601-0046.

Frank

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Maybe some of you guys here cannot read!? Mike Fitzgerald has the machine that listens for leaks and her guarantees his work. He is also one of the few people here who is U.S certified for air-condition repair and has all the equipment here. he services many condo units here on the North Coast, and works with a licensed plumber from the UK.

PS. The next thing someone who cannot read is going to suggest here (without reading the posts) is to hire an American Indian and fly him down here in order to put his ear to the ground to listen for your leak.

Stop wasting your time and call Mike:809-601-0046.

Frank
Who cares if Mike Fitzgerald has one. This a a forum...these white spaces on my screen need to get filled.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
dom rep. uses more water per person than any other country in the world.. u think they take alot of baths?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and i love it when you call a company(recco) and they send a plumber who learned by doing... isnt plumbing a bit of science...like roofing...do they have science class ,shop class?