Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The DRopouts first video for Caribbean Limit festival

It isn't very long, but here it is. This was done to be part of the promotion of Caribbean] Limit. You can see all of the artists here:

The Artists –

Here is The DRopouts video:

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    It isn't very long, but here it is. This was done to be part of the promotion of Caribbean] Limit. You can see all of the artists here:

The Artists –

Here is The DRopouts video:

wonderful, windy! you guys are the real deal. some serious professionalism there..

what is that keyboard you are using?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words.

In the video I am using an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller keyboard. The sounds are generated by virtual instrument software running on a PC (which happens to be running Linux). In this case a virtual grand piano.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys sound GREAT, even on my notebook!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

young looking group !!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words.

In the video I am using an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller keyboard. The sounds are generated by virtual instrument software running on a PC (which happens to be running Linux). In this case a virtual grand piano.
    the Puerto Rican band Cultura Profetica uses one. i would have expected a purist like you to be using a Prophet5 or an Oberheim.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    the Puerto Rican band Cultura Profetica uses one. i would have expected a purist like you to be using a Prophet5 or an Oberheim.
    Back in the day I had a Hammond C (same guts as a B3) with Leslie, ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Ensoniq Mirage and Ensoniq ESQ-1. I still have a Roland XV-88 and an Ensoniq ASR10 .

The virtual instrument approach does an incredible job of reproducing any and all of the above in a much easier to carry version. The only vintage instrument I miss is the Hammond. Nothing else has the action of a Hammond.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day I had a Hammond C (same guts as a B3) with Leslie, ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Ensoniq Mirage and Ensoniq ESQ-1. I still have a Roland XV-88 and an Ensoniq ASR10 .

The virtual instrument approach does an incredible job of reproducing any and all of the above in a much easier to carry version. The only vintage instrument I miss is the Hammond. Nothing else has the action of a Hammond.
    you have been through quite a few, i see. why is it that every Dominican band uses a Korg M1?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    you have been through quite a few, i see. why is it that every Dominican band uses a Korg M1?
    Good question. At one time many years ago they were popular and there must have been a big shipment of them made to the DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

miss your Hammond? well, this will make you miss it more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF64qcwReMI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast