The DRopouts first video for Caribbean Limit festival

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It isn't very long, but here it is. This was done to be part of the promotion of Caribbean] Limit. You can see all of the artists here:

The Artists –

Here is The DRopouts video:

[video=youtube;P2iIcSn18Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2iIcSn18Jw[/VIDEO[/video]

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It isn't very long, but here it is. This was done to be part of the promotion of Caribbean] Limit. You can see all of the artists here:

The Artists –

Here is The DRopouts video:

[video=youtube;P2iIcSn18Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2iIcSn18Jw[/VIDEO[/video]

wonderful, windy! you guys are the real deal. some serious professionalism there..

what is that keyboard you are using?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks for the kind words.

In the video I am using an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller keyboard. The sounds are generated by virtual instrument software running on a PC (which happens to be running Linux). In this case a virtual grand piano.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for the kind words.

In the video I am using an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller keyboard. The sounds are generated by virtual instrument software running on a PC (which happens to be running Linux). In this case a virtual grand piano.

the Puerto Rican band Cultura Profetica uses one. i would have expected a purist like you to be using a Prophet5 or an Oberheim.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the Puerto Rican band Cultura Profetica uses one. i would have expected a purist like you to be using a Prophet5 or an Oberheim.

Back in the day I had a Hammond C (same guts as a B3) with Leslie, ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Ensoniq Mirage and Ensoniq ESQ-1. I still have a Roland XV-88 and an Ensoniq ASR10 .

The virtual instrument approach does an incredible job of reproducing any and all of the above in a much easier to carry version. The only vintage instrument I miss is the Hammond. Nothing else has the action of a Hammond.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Back in the day I had a Hammond C (same guts as a B3) with Leslie, ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Ensoniq Mirage and Ensoniq ESQ-1. I still have a Roland XV-88 and an Ensoniq ASR10 .

The virtual instrument approach does an incredible job of reproducing any and all of the above in a much easier to carry version. The only vintage instrument I miss is the Hammond. Nothing else has the action of a Hammond.

you have been through quite a few, i see. why is it that every Dominican band uses a Korg M1?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you have been through quite a few, i see. why is it that every Dominican band uses a Korg M1?

Good question. At one time many years ago they were popular and there must have been a big shipment of them made to the DR.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I caught the little Emerson Lake and Palmer intro at the end of the video. Looks like good times. Jamming in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I caught the little Emerson Lake and Palmer intro at the end of the video. Looks like good times. Jamming in the DR.

Coincidentally ELP was my favorite group during the 70's and Keith Emerson was my favorite rock keyboardist. Welcome Back My Friends was selected by the person running the festival.
[video=youtube;VOhAFyZ5wZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhAFyZ5wZU[/video]

Last edited: