Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How does EPS work?

On the one hand, I'm happy to report that there is still no customs duty imposed on internet purchases under $200 USD. On the other hand, I'm totally baffled by the process at EPS. I got the idea (from reading this site) to send a package to a friend living in Santo Domingo; I still live in the US. However, I wanted to be able to pay the cost of shipping the package from Miami to Santo Domingo. I thought that when I set up the EPS account, it would allow me to associate a credit card with the account to take care of any shipping charges. But, no joy. So, now the package appears to be in Santo Domingo. I have called EPS 10 times over the last 3 days trying to arrange payment. But, no one there seems to be able to tell me how their process works (I know that may be asking too much).

Can anyone on this forum tell me how the process is supposed to work? Or can payment only be made by the recipient when the package is picked up?

Ay, coņo!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You register at an EPS office, you buy something, use the shipping address EPS gives you, the article is delivered to that address, is shipped to StoDgo and distributed to the branch where you joined and you go pick it up & pay the shipping.

EPS sends emails of the progress of each shipment.

Solid service.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

But - he is sending it from the US to someone else in the DR on an EPS account that he had set up - so isn't there a way he can pay for the entire delivery on his account, even while he remains in the US??? Why does his friend have to pay when he receives the package?? Or is that the only way it can be done?

4. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJSantoDomingo View Post
    But - he is sending it from the US to someone else in the DR on an EPS account that he had set up - so isn't there a way he can pay for the entire delivery on his account, even while he remains in the US??? Why does his friend have to pay when he receives the package?? Or is that the only way it can be done?
    That is the way EPS and the others work. You send the package to EPS (or X) in Miami, they send it to the DR, take it through customs, send it to a local office. It is at the local office where you get the bill for the EPS (or X) charges for bringing the parcel from the US to the local office.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

He can send it to his own account and the person can pay and get it on his name. I would assume that would be the only way.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if EPS has changed it's criteria..............
    But when I opened up an account with them a few years back in Santiago...........
    A current Credit Card was required.......
    And my Credit Card info was entered into their system.............
    This was a must.........

B in Santiago

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No credit card necessary. I have had an account with them in different places for about 10 or more years, never asked for a CC. Could be the office you opened it at. They are individually owned I believe.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    I don't know if EPS has changed it's criteria..............
    But when I opened up an account with them a few years back in Santiago...........
    A current Credit Card was required.......
    And my Credit Card info was entered into their system.............
    This was a must.........

B in Santiago
    I've had an EPS account for at least 20 years. first in Nagua and now in Sosua. Never asked for a credit card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I've had an EPS account for at least 20 years. first in Nagua and now in Sosua. Never asked for a credit card.
    That's interesting.............
    I will have to find out why my CC was necessary...........
    My credit is pristine, so now I need to know why it was necessary................

B in Santiago

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    That's interesting.............
    I will have to find out why my CC was necessary...........
    My credit is pristine, so now I need to know why it was necessary................

B in Santiago
    It wasn't required for us either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast