Aeroflot quits PUJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicanBulgarian

Sep 14, 2009
I’m a bit surprised by Aeroflot axing PUJ given that the Russian tourist market has been on the rise so far. I’m wondering if the sanctions imposed by the US and EU to Russia has anything to do with this decision and are anticipating a decline in pax for the upcoming winter season as a result.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I see that some people are still living in the 20th century and their brains are unable to write interesting comments. Some americans are still dreaming about cold war, but they don't realize what a mess is their country today... Anyway....

Aeroflot is a premium airline and the clients who travel to PUJ are low and middle class passengers, so their operations will be taken by cheap charter airline Nordwind, also Transaero will be flying as always. PUJ us a destination for tourist airlines, you don't see there Emirates, THY, Ethihad, Singapore Airlines....

regarding a popular word sanction - it is so good to know that russians responded and announced embargo to all food from USA, Canada, EU and Australia. For EU it is billions of euros in lost market, now they sell their food on european markets for as low as 0.10 eurocent per kilo, so think who lost!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Aeroflot is a premium airline and the clients who travel to PUJ are low and middle class passengers, so their operations will be taken by cheap charter airline Nordwind, also Transaero will be flying as always. PUJ us a destination for tourist airlines, you don't see there Emirates, THY, Ethihad, Singapore Airlines....
Wait until PICHARDO pops in... he will tell you better.

Jan 9, 2004
Does this airline fly the US? i have never heard about them! Guys, stop the Russia thing! The cold war is over! Russia is still an EMERGING COUNTRY! Putin, out of desperation, is acting stupid! But, the Russian economy is in shambles! I like when people are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT! The Russian economy is Uniform, based on only product, gaz!

Aeroflot is cleared by the FAA to fly into New York and Washington D.C.

Western Sanctions And Rising Debts Are Already Strangling The Russian Economy - Forbes

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Putin, out of desperation, is acting stupid! But, the Russian economy is in shambles!

Of course, Obama is the greatest, 60% of population desire him to leave the office today.

And US economy is doing "very well" as we all may see :) even dominican immigrants are coming back from that ****ty country.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Of course, Obama is the greatest, 60% of population desire him to leave the office today.

And US economy is doing "very well" as we all may see :) even dominican immigrants are coming back from that ****ty country.

maybe Dominicans are coming back from the USA, but they were smart enough not to go to Russia.

Jan 9, 2004

Are you really that angry because Aeroflop quit PUJ?

You must be an apparatchik.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have a friend that is Pilot, I was asking and he said this to me.

Aeroflot is leaving PUJ on Oct. 15 but is coming back in April 1st. During this period the Orenair Airline will be making the flights as charters with B777 bringing 360 pax. The Aeroflot A330 has capacity only for 245 pax. I dont know why the switch of airline but one thing is for sure during that period will be more seat avilable.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I see that some people are still living in the 20th century and their brains are unable to write interesting comments. Some americans are still dreaming about cold war, but they don't realize what a mess is their country today... Anyway....

regarding a popular word sanction - it is so good to know that russians responded and announced embargo to all food from USA, Canada, EU and Australia. For EU it is billions of euros in lost market, now they sell their food on european markets for as low as 0.10 eurocent per kilo, so think who lost!

jhfo7m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.