awnings

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
does anybody know where to buy awnings in the Bavaro area

I don't know where to buy them in Bavaro, but I had a guy who made mine for a nice price in Santo Domingo, I can put you in touch with him. They're called Toldos here, just in case you didn't know the Spanish word. I think it you check out Paginas Amarillas you'll find companies who supply Toldos in Bavaro.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Terminacion Santana in Higuey would be able to custom make awnings. However, they can be pricey. There are a couple of door, window, and glass businesses in Veron that may be able to construct and install awnings.

Regards,

PJT

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I did a check on Paginas Amarillas and there seem to be tens of companies in the capital who do these, but none in Bavaro. I guess the companies in the capital will cover Bavaro, so it's probably a question of phoning round. If you do find a local company in Bavaro, it will probably be way more expensive because of the lack of competition.

Almacenes Unidos in Kennedy in the capital has got quite a good range of awning fabrics, so if you want to combine things like cushions or covers with your awning, one option is to buy your own fabric and get a company to make them up.

Another tip is to avoid the electric awnings and stick to the mechanical ones. The electric ones are crazy expensive here and will almost certainly break quickly, so go for something with a handle and a winder if you possibly can.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
There are companies that make and install sun sails in Bavaro, but you can buy them off Amazon for 1/4 the price and install yourself very easily. Go talk to the owner of Pastrata on Av Alemania about his sun sails experience.