5 oz. woozy bottles

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
I am looking for a supplier of 5 oz glass woozy bottles. Can anyone tell me if I can find these bottles in the DR?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
small round bottle with plastic cap often containing hot sauce, usuall five ounces or so.

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
Amazon.com. That's where I got mine.

I'm hoping not to have to ship them in. Was looking for a bottle supplier who sells them in Dominican.
And yes it is a 5 oz glass bottle for hot sauce. I would have posted a picture or link to one but the site allow me to add either.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no one makes them here anymore. dominican manufacturers import all glass containers. there are few local distributors of new glass bottles who sell to small producers but it will boil down to the same: they need to be imported.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
no one makes them here anymore. dominican manufacturers import all glass containers. there are few local distributors of new glass bottles who sell to small producers but it will boil down to the same: they need to be imported.

exactly! and trust me on this one; even if some Dominican has a surplus, he is not going to sell it to you. he feels that you are going to make something to compete with him.

i went to a bakery last month, and asked the owner where he sourced his shortening in bulk;

"no se", he replied.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Do yourself a favour and call the country by her proper name.

donP

Why, will he get a discount?

I promise to call the "Dominican" by the proper name

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anymore off topic posts in this thread and consider your account locked for a long time!

Carry on....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Keep in mind that you can almost always import anything at a lower price than you can purchase it here. Since nobody makes glass such bottles here, that is your best option. ( I can count on one hand the number of Dominicans I have met in 12 years who like hot sauce or spicy food, so if that is your target business, make sure you do some test marketing. The DR is The Island Spice Forgot.)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can buy them THERE, then ship them HERE!
If you used a "Cargo Shipper", a box the size of a "Dishwasher" box is only $100 to $125 dollars.
They charge by the "BOX", not by the "Weight" so you could ship in a lot of bottles per box.
The DR "Hot Sauce" market has several local DR companies making and selling their product, if that's what you had in mind???
The DR products "SUCKS",(Watery, Vinegary,VERY salty, not at all HOT!!!) but there are at LEAST 3 USA made products sold here now as well, including many "Flavors" of "Tobasco" brand, "Franks", and others.
Dominicans don't even use normal"Pepper" in their food, so the market among Dominicans is small.
I order "MOLTEN" kinds of "sauces", and "POWDERS" from Amazon to get my "FIX"!!!!
If you are not going to make & sell "Hot Sauce" I guess I look pretty STUPID right now!!!!!!!
And I AM!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
thanks for the information, and yes my intentions are to make hot sauce. We make it here now and I'm hoping to make it while I am living in the D.R. I think my market would be restaurants that cater to tourists and expats. I brought some with me on my last trip and got a really good reception. So I guess I will have to import my bottles. Any recommendations on shippers from Toronto?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Keep in mind that you can almost always import anything at a lower price than you can purchase it here. Since nobody makes glass such bottles here, that is your best option. ( I can count on one hand the number of Dominicans I have met in 12 years who like hot sauce or spicy food, so if that is your target business, make sure you do some test marketing. The DR is The Island Spice Forgot.)

i hope she is not planning on making any kind of high end hot sauce. Baldom will not like the idea that someone is giving their red-colored vinegar some competition. if she is planning to grind up cilantro and bottle it in vinegar, that might work.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
thanks for the information, and yes my intentions are to make hot sauce. We make it here now and I'm hoping to make it while I am living in the D.R. I think my market would be restaurants that cater to tourists and expats. I brought some with me on my last trip and got a really good reception. So I guess I will have to import my bottles. Any recommendations on shippers from Toronto?

every year, around September, there is a fair called Expo Cibao, in Santiago. manufactures of all types showcase their wares, and there are companies from the caribbean who make appearances. i go every year, and i know that companies from Jamaica, like Grace and Salada Foods, have tried to market hot sauce here, including the incredible Scotch Bonnet sauce. other companies from other countries , like Matouk from Trinidad, a company from Guyana, and one from Grenada were at the last event. none of them sold a bottle. if you plan to market that stuff, bear in mind that you will have an entirely gringo market. Dominicans think bell peppers are too hot to eat.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Reg. Sanitario

thanks for the information, and yes my intentions are to make hot sauce. We make it here now and I'm hoping to make it while I am living in the D.R. I think my market would be restaurants that cater to tourists and expats. I brought some with me on my last trip and got a really good reception.

Market?
I think it would just be a hobby... :laugh:
And you'd grow your hot peppers in your garden, right? :rolleyes:

As a local food producer you'd also need a registration with "Sanitario" and "Industrial" and they will check out your 'f?brica'.... :knockedou

I know a guy who wanted to market his yoghurt..... :bunny:

donP