Have you been reading DR1 Daily News?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Frequently, DR1 Forum readers post a story in Spanish, go through the effort of doing the translation, or post a link to another website with a story they feel fellow forum readers should read.

In most of the cases, the story has already been featured in DR1 Daily News.

Every working day, DR1 Daily News editors comb several local and international media to bring concise abstracts of current news stories.

With DR1 you get more than the main headline news.

The DR1 Daily News also seeks to bring background stories that are important for those living and doing business in the country.

We try our best to follow up on the news stories.

DR1 Daily News frequently features links to Spanish versions for reading more details, but in most cases most of the important details have already been included in the English language brief and come from several sources on the same subject.

Even important clearance sales are featured, when these are considered an event and useful news to our readers.

We search for the link to original reports when covering important documents featuring the Dominican Republic, such as surveys or rankings. That way our readers can get more information from the original.

DR1 Daily News covers Dominican athletes around the world. We take the story a step forward by adding links with other background information.

DR1 Daily News shares with readers highlights from the DR1 Calendar. We are aware that most of the events happen in Santo Domingo, the capital city, but whenever we are aware of important events in the interior, we also feature these. Dominican Republic Events - DR1 Calendar

Basically, DR1 Daily News seeks to keep readers well informed on what is happening in the Dominican Republic. Even if you speak Spanish, by reading DR1 Daily News you get a comprehensive summary of a wide range of news stories that will be useful to you. You may impress others with your knowledge of the country.

You can read DR1 Daily News from back days at the Archived Link. This is the most comprehensive and easily accessible news archive available in either Spanish or English.

Feel free to copy from DR1 Daily News for commenting on this forum. Just indicate the source and the date. A link to the DR1 Archives could also be added so people can reference the story at a future date.
DR1 - January to December 2014 News Archive

So tell, have you been reading DR1 Daily News? What more would you like to see covered?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
dr1 is undoubtedly the most informative source for what's happening in the Dominican Republic...........
I for one am addicted to this site..........

B in Santiago

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
So tell, have you been reading DR1 Daily News? What more would you like to see covered?

Yes, everyday, when I bring up DR1, I bring up the home page not the forums.
It's a must read every weekday for me, first thing I look at is the current edition date of the news to make sure I read it.

I have a feeling many DR1'ers have their bookmarks set to bring up the forums and not the home page. The reading is quite interesting and I have learned and been made aware of many things that I would not have known about if I was not bringing up the home page first. For instance, while out of the country years ago, I learned that they had repealed the "Open Carry" of firearms, when the Revistas were available again, when the new tags were ready to be purchase, etc..................

THANK YOU

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I do read the news part. And enjoy it.

BUT in the dr, I get up around 0630, feed the chicks and whatever..... 0730, coffee and internet. 0745 log onto dr1. I cant remember last time the days news was up at that time. Hence the use of other dr news outputs.

Maybe it is due to a diffrent time zone ??

May 5, 2007
Been reading it since it was the SANTO DOMINGO NEWS? and picked up my first copy in Hotel Hispaniola. I wish I recall his name, a 50's something elevator operator/bellman at Hispaniola was great, he love sports an I would save copies of US Today for him and he would save issues of the news for me and first thing when I arrived I would sit in room and get "updated"

when I first started taking my leave in R the SDN provided what information I could find about goings on in SD, no internet (I think my first visit was around 89-90) and when the Internet was up and running laptops were not popular an I recall the "Guest computers" in the Hispaniola I never joined but a friend of mine belonged to your original site, I don't recall if it was DR1 or not but everything was on one page with threads often getting so long you had to scroll for 10 minutes to find the end

One of the things I miss is Hillbilly's outhouse :D

Good job and thank you

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i never read dr1 news. i prefer to go directly to the source. i have several pages i check every day. i start my day with diario libre, listin diario and la zeta. then i browse through el nacional and el caribe. for local news i refer to puerto plata digital, puerto plata habla, detras de rumor and radio fantasia. occasionally i check acento, noticias sin, hoy and gente tuya. dr1 news never seem to have what interest me most.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I used to read it when I was living in my country, after my first 4 years here. I would be irritated when dr1 would break for a holiday.......

Since we live here again I don't read it, since I read the news already early in the morning in diariolibre.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I do read it Dolores, I just wish it was online a bit earlier. Any chance it could be uploaded sooner?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Am reading…

People want MORE news.
1- Local news (Santiago, Puerto Plata)
2- Earlier news
3- News on holidays

DV8: What news seems to interest you most?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Am reading…
People want MORE news.
1- Local news (Santiago, Puerto Plata)
2- Earlier news
3- News on holidays
DV8: What news seems to interest you most?

i would actually appreciate a decent source of news for SD and east coast. north coast has good coverage in local media. i mean daily stuff: accidents, politics, entertainment. but south and east don't get as much exposure and do not have news sites so rich in detail as NC.

of course i am mostly interested in crime which i know you do not like to write about. but i kinda think that it catches attention of many. i also like absurd political news which we occasionally cover in government forum.

earlier news could be an overkill for those who prepare them. it takes time to find good/interesting reports and then translate the. would you consider morning and evening edition better?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Frequently, DR1 Forum readers post a story in Spanish, go through the effort of doing the translation, or post a link to another website with a story they feel fellow forum readers should read.

In most of the cases, the story has already been featured in DR1 Daily News.

Hi Dolores,

The difference between what is in the DR1 News and what is taken from Sosua News, Spanish language publications, etc. and posted in the forum is that the latter provides an opportunity for discussion. If you check the threads, you will see that many of them that started with posted news article ended up with at least several pages of discussion.

Also, the things that are posted are usually the sort of thing that people are interested in discussing.

Also, nobody has ever thought to take something from the news summary and post it as a thread starter. Maybe that is something your editors can do to stimulate interest when they have something that they think the forum participants will want to chew over.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
i never read dr1 news. i prefer to go directly to the source. i have several pages i check every day. i start my day with diario libre, listin diario and la zeta. then i browse through el nacional and el caribe. for local news i refer to puerto plata digital, puerto plata habla, detras de rumor and radio fantasia. occasionally i check acento, noticias sin, hoy and gente tuya. dr1 news never seem to have what interest me most.

LOL....
Calling Katie Couric.
;)

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I open an article if the title interests me. It is a value-added feature of dr1, one that confers a certain quality and seriousness amid the less-serious tomfoolery.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013

That's cuz you an ambulance chaser par excellence! You must love the photographs that accompany these car crash and murder stories. And the "perp" photos with all the guns and drugs piled on the table. We don't get that kind of drama in the US. Not since Jack Ruby killed oswald.