Looking for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbrookie

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Me and two other friends are planning a short trip to north. We will be there to celebrate one of the friend's divorce finally went through, I will be driving there from SD and my friends are coming in to PP next Friday night and staying at Iberostar. We all are heavy drinker so I guess drinks are covered at AI and we are all near scratch player so we will be playing golf during the days but I have no idea where to bring my friends to truly celebrate his return.

Any suggestions?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Too Late for the Fun

Me and two other friends are planning a short trip to north. We will be there to celebrate one of the friend's divorce finally went through, I will be driving there from SD and my friends are coming in to PP next Friday night...

Your friend should have had his divorce 2 years earlier.
Not much fun left in Sos?a these days..... so, I am told. :cheeky:

Well, you have the booze though. :tired:

donP

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Plenty of action on the North coast Puerta Plata, Sosua and Cabarete Playa Grande. Both golf,chicas, gambling and cock fights. All the staples of a manly escapade.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Me and two other friends are planning a short trip to north. We will be there to celebrate one of the friend's divorce finally went through, I will be driving there from SD and my friends are coming in to PP next Friday night and staying at Iberostar. We all are heavy drinker so I guess drinks are covered at AI and we are all near scratch player so we will be playing golf during the days but I have no idea where to bring my friends to truly celebrate his return.

Any suggestions?

You will be in Costa Dorado? Pure is there but pure is closed. You can go to 46 which is a disco in Playa Dorado very close. 46 seems to be some tourist and some locals. There is a place outside to drink or you can go inside which it is a disco so it is pretty loud. You can go the Malecon in Puerto Plata and the bars on the beach close at midnight. It would be easy to drive up and down the malecon and stop somewhere for a drink.

Since you are on that side of Puerto Plata you are not too far from Sosua and Cabarete. It is father then Playa Dorado and the malecon. Maybe Sosua is 30 minutes and Cabarete 40 minutes. Just depends on the traffic and how much you like to pass on the tow lane road.

Not sure if you have been to puerto plata, sosua and cabarete. You know the area and just want current spots or you don't know there differences between the three places.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Not long ago I would have said come to Sosua.There's all you need for a party but these days it's pretty dull unless you want cartoons on a Saturday night and enclosed drinking dens.

Field of Dreams is still open for an adult night out I believe and is close to PD. I don't know much about it though.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Drinks at AI are not very strong.... You will have to ingest a lot of liquid to get a buzz..... Also for party and girls... you can go to La Canita in Puerto Plata.... Lots of "easy going girls" there....

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Drinks at AI are not very strong.... You will have to ingest a lot of liquid to get a buzz..... Also for party and girls... you can go to La Canita in Puerto Plata.... Lots of "easy going girls" there....

You obviously don't know that a 10 Dollar note makes all your drinks as strong as you want, specially in the AI resorts! :nervous::nervous::nervous:

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Drinks at AI are not very strong.... You will have to ingest a lot of liquid to get a buzz..

I agree with that. I have not stayed at that one but most of them the drinks are not that great. If your friends like a premium alcohol besides rum they might want to buy it in duty free and bring it. Not sure I would trust they are going to give you a good amount of quality vodka, bourbon, etc. Even the rum would probably not be the higher quality. Also they also seem to only serve presidente on draft. It is a decent beer but only when it is still cold and it would be nice to have a variety. Or if they want a good bottle of wine or champagne.

Not sure about there but most of them you have to make reservations for the restaurants soon or they will be full and you will be at the buffet. If it is the type where you can just show up the the restaurant that is a lot better.

Bringing a better drinking cup is not a bad ideas something that is larger then the little plastic cups most of them give you and might keep you drink colder.

Looking online iberostar doesn't seem to let you book for one or two nights. I see a three night minimum unless I am doing something wrong. Maybe they are trying to keep the locals from going there one or two nights. The price I see for two people is $152 a night.

Let me know what you think of the place. Here I have stayed at Barecelo, Blue Bay and Lifestyles.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011

Any suggestions?

[video=youtube_share;QmpTgy8j_D8]http://youtu.be/QmpTgy8j_D8[/video]

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
lol.. For some reason I think a group of guys that are talking about drinking and golfing are not real interested in eco-tourism and history.
But it was a nice video.

Jul 28, 2014

Any suggestions?

Just go to Sosua for a night

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The OP isn't clear as to the type of "fun" they are looking for - but DR1 is the wrong place to come looking for hookers, if that's what he means by "fun".

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.