Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sailing with 'Double Trouble' to Miami?

    Puerto Plata
    A sailboat ("Double Trouble") with 24 illegal passengers (18 Dominicans and 6 people from India) was intercepted 14 NM off the coast.
    Allegedly the boat was on her way to Miami.

    Interceptan velero; apresan 26 personas - Almomento.net: Periodico Digital Dominicano

    Here they counted 26 passengers:
    http://www.listindiario.com/la-repub...6-personas-que

    It would be interesting to know who the owner of the sailboat is...




    donP
    Last edited by donP; 08-29-2014 at 07:00 PM.

  2. #2
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Six Indians??? How odd......

    Administrator
    DR1.com

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default From Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or Trinidad & Tobago?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Six Indians??? How odd......
    Well, maybe my translation was not correct.
    It said 'hind˙es' (hindus).

    But most of them do live in India (approximately 940 million)...

    donP

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i love the picture. high school reunion snapshot for feybu:


  5. Likes malko, wierdscott liked this post
  6. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i love the picture. high school reunion snapshot for feybu:

    Was that before they left or after they were caught ??

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Was that before they left or after they were caught ??
    you are a sarcastic bastard. i like it

  8. Likes malko liked this post
  9. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Well, maybe my translation was not correct.
    It said 'hind˙es' (hindus).

    But most of them do live in India (approximately 940 million)...

    donP
    Hind˙ is the Latin American Spanish demonym for people from India, regardless of religion, because "indio" would be confusing.

  10. Likes mountainannie liked this post
  11. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Puerto Plata
    A sailboat ("Double Trouble") with 24 illegal passengers (18 Dominicans and 6 people from India) was intercepted 14 NM off the coast.
    Allegedly the boat was on her way to Miami.

    Interceptan velero; apresan 26 personas - Almomento.net: Periodico Digital Dominicano

    Here they counted 26 passengers:
    Armada de RD detuvo hoy en alta mar un velero con 26 personas que intentaban ir a Miami - listindiario.com

    It would be interesting to know who the owner of the sailboat is...




    donP
    The Love Boat making another run, the love boat........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •