Contact number for Inbound flight only with Thomson

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
Has anyone got a current address or phone number for Thomson Airways reservations,preferably in Puerto Plata please?I need to buy an inbound ticket only,from any airport in the DR direct to anywhere in UK.I have a dog to take back with me and BA cannot help with this from Punta Cana,as they've been embargoed.To my knowledge only Thomson fly direct,unless anyone knows differently.I don't want to fly via another country eg States or Europe as it would be too stressful for my dog and too complicated with paperwork.Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Your post is confusing. You want to buy an inbound ticket from where? If you are currently in the DR and want to go to England that would be an outbound ticket. There are plenty of websites and info for Thompson. How about googleing it?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Your post is confusing. You want to buy an inbound ticket from where? If you are currently in the DR and want to go to England that would be an outbound ticket. There are plenty of websites and info for Thompson. How about googleing it?

Not confusing.
The OP is asking for a local phone number for Thomson that works.
Believe me, I've tried but so far I always have to use the Thomson helpline number(Mumbai I reckon) ,and those operators are trained to be useless.
I feel your pain...

(The Thomson website only works from Europe TO Dr with return booking. Not the other way around)

Go Condor or Jetairfly and suffer the connection.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
It's a one-way ticket you want to ask for. Call Thomson Airways on their UK number, +44 24 7628 2828, if you use Skype or Call2.com it will only cost you a few cents per minute. I think it would be far easier to call the UK than to try and battle with someone here who will cut you off every few seconds and probably won't be able to sell you anything other than the most basic ticket.
I would also double check with BA about being embargoed, sounds strange to me. Have you tried calling them in the UK? The best number is +44 191 490 7900

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think by "embargoed" the OP means that BA will not fly animals at this time of the year. which would also extend to many other airlines who refuse transporting animals in the summer. so i would ask thomson about transporting animals before inquiring about tickets. good luck.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Sorry I don't have a pop tel. no. for you. I had a similar problem a few years back so I looked up when a Thomas flight arrived at El Catey, went over there and spoke to a couple of Thomson staff, got a tel.no. then 'phoned and booked a ticket. I have my suspicions that the money went into the staff's gratuity box but so what I got my flight.

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
Many Thanks for the advice so far.Firstly,for me the flight is inbound as I am returning to the UK.Embargoed meant no livestock at all from BA.I have rewritten to them to ask if this however is seasonal.I have contacted Thomson in the UK,but their answer is 'no inbound only'.However,I do know for a fact that from the DR an empty seat inbound has been sold to an acquaintance of mine,a few months ago.(I am no longer able to contact her unfortunately.)Yes we're at the end of high season for the UK,but I am ready to leave any time,any month from now.
If no-one can help,and I get some information myself,I will post it,as it seems I'm not the only one struggling.

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
You could try and turn up at the Thomson (TUI) office in POP. It's behind the court house. I don't know their opening hours, but be warned they are few so try and hedge your bets and go for late morning. I'm not even sure if they are open every day, so I'm afraid you'll have to gamble on that one!

But if memory serves me, there was a Dutch lady who worked for the Dutch part of TUI (Arke) who could sell one way tickets to the UK on Thomson. But I think she could only sell them the day before the flight.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Call this number 809 586 2223 ask for Thompson ext. office in POP is above Scotiabank on the 27th February.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
This led me to look up the requirements for taking pets to the UK since they used to be quite famous for their 6 month quarantee.. *Burton and Taylor bought a yacht and lived on it so that dogs would not have to quaranteened!

evidently you need a three month lead on some of the treatments.. *or if the pet is on a round trip and has had vaccines in the EU

anyway, good to double check
hope you have them

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Call this number 809 586 2223 ask for Thompson ext. office in POP is above Scotiabank on the 27th February.

Are you sure you're not mistaking that for the Thomas Cook office? That's where it used to be, above the Scotiabank, but I don't know if it still is, considering Thomas Cook don't fly to POP any more.

The Thomson office used to be behind the court house as I mentioned before.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Are you sure you're not mistaking that for the Thomas Cook office? That's where it used to be, above the Scotiabank, but I don't know if it still is, considering Thomas Cook don't fly to POP any more.

The Thomson office used to be behind the court house as I mentioned before.

Thomas Cooks ( Iberdom) offices are now located at Ocean World if I'm not mistaken. Thompson ( Hotel Beds ) is now located at the Scotiabank location

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Thomas Cooks ( Iberdom) offices are now located at Ocean World if I'm not mistaken. Thompson ( Hotel Beds ) is now located at the Scotiabank location

Ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know they had all moved. Sorry to give duff gen to the OP!

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
Thanks again everyone trying to help me.Here's an update for mountainannie.Cats and dogs are fine back to the UK from the DR,providing they have had a blood test for Rabies at least 30 days before travel,plus the injection.It takes 3-4 months if given by a vet in the DR as the testing is done in the States or Europe,but mine was sorted in 30 days in the UK and is valid until next March.Last minute fleas and ticks ( likeFrontline) and a health check are given by a vet here withing 3 days of travel and recorded on a form issued here by the Min of Agriculture.If anyone wants travel after Dec, the AHVLA - were DEFRA may require an extra form,so check website.
TC definitely don't fly here now,but I'll checkout the Thomson location at Scotiabank.