Cigar lounges, shops and other places

Status
Not open for further replies.

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Galiano, Puro Humo, Gazcue, Santo Domingo. Very friendly owner, employees and people who visit. Maybe open till around 10PM. Cigars are rolled onsite, adjacent to the lounge area. Coffee, wine (from Spain), rum and whisky available. Dominoes to play, Jamon Serrano and Manchego Cheese from Spain sometimes.

[video=youtube;2ND0rRuKakI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ND0rRuKakI[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Cabinet Cigar Shop and Lounge, Las Americas Airport (SDQ). Second floor next to the Pharmacy. Illy coffee and other drinks.

[video=youtube;ycZjbar7pcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZjbar7pcQ[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Barcelo Santo Domingo Hotel Cigar Lounge and Shop in the lobby.

[video=youtube;9lrQfWqsggQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrQfWqsggQ[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
La Leyenda del Cigarro, Zona Colonial, Calle Hostos and El Conde (across the street from the Hotel Mercure). Very friendly owner and employees and people who visit. Coffee can be prepared there or get a coffee or other drink at the French owned cafe next door, to drink in the shop. Owner of this cigar shop has a second shop further up Calle Hostos at Calle Mercedes (diagonally across from the French owned Taberna Vasca, good restaurant, very friendly owner, nice live music).

[video=youtube;sZZT9m7EHWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZT9m7EHWM[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Hills, Silver Sun Gallery Tower (beautiful building). Avenida Tiradentes and Avenida Gustavo Mejia Ricart, Naco, Santo Domingo.

Friendly employees at Hills and at the C. House Milano Cafe in front of Hills. Cigar Lounge and Shop at Hills is separated from the Bar/Restaurant area of Hills.

ATMs on the food court floor of the Silver Sun Gallery Tower (escalators in front of Hills). Ultra High Definition movie theater at Silver Sun Gallery Tower, that has its own bar and cafe.

The new Embassy Suites by Hilton is located in the Silver Sun Gallery, with a rooftop pool.

[video=youtube;WfMcGibgGEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfMcGibgGEM[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Lul?, located just about behind the Cathedral in Zona Colonial, has indoor and outdoor (Spanish Courtyard) seating. In the open air courtyard smoking is permitted. Lul? sells cigars including cigars by E.P. Carrillo.

1hfprm.jpg

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Awesome posts and info...thanks for the thread!

Thanks very much. I was told there is a another place near the Bomberos (Fire Fighters Station), near zona colonial, where cigars are rolled. I'll try to find it the next trip.

Caoba Cigars in front of the Cathedral, El Conde, Zona Colonial, I haven't visited yet.
2uj4mx3.jpg

Galiano and other brand cigars are sold at Pat'e Palo Restaurant, Plaza Espa?a, Zona Colonial (chef is a nice guy).

If anyone else has cigar info for Santo Domingo, I would love to read more.

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Lul?, located just about behind the Cathedral in Zona Colonial, has indoor and outdoor (Spanish Courtyard) seating. In the open air courtyard smoking is permitted. Lul? sells cigars including cigars by E.P. Carrillo.

Image resized.

34glw2b.jpg

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
He is sulking because he was accused of being Pichardo's son or something-CC is guilty of course :)
He vowed to never return and contribute to DR1

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
What happened here? Though the thread was informative… what is the explanation to the deleting of the pictures?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am a "Cigar Lover", and the places he posted are "Tourist Traps", nothing more!
He must have got a contract with some ad agency to promote the DR.
He should have posted in the "DR1 classified" section.
Like "Pichardo" he sits in the USA, and posts pretty pictures off vendors websites from the internet, like he has actually been there!
I like it when someone posts about a place they HAVE VISITED here in the DR, and then recommends it to us, but just posting "PUFF" does nothing to promote the DR.
You wanna smoke some good cigars, come to my house, you wanna smoke some FANTASTIC cigars invite "Merengue Dutchie" to YOURS!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Now if only I can get chip to do the same thing!!!!!!!

Last edited:

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
I am a "Cigar Lover", and the places he posted are "Tourist Traps", nothing more!
He must have got a contract with some ad agency to promote the DR.
He should have posted in the "DR1 classified" section.
Like "Pichardo" he sits in the USA, and posts pretty pictures off vendors websites from the internet, like he has actually been there!
I like it when someone posts about a place they HAVE VISITED here in the DR, and then recommends it to us, but just posting "PUFF" does nothing to promote the DR.
You wanna smoke some good cigars, come to my house, you wanna smoke some FANTASTIC cigars invite "Merengue Dutchie" to YOURS!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Now if only I can get chip to do the same thing!!!!!!!

If you have alternatives to the cigar lounges that I posted about it, I would like to know what they are. I doubt most people would consider Puro Humo or Cameroon tourist traps, probably same for Fuente These three lounges, I would guess most of their clients are people who live in the DR. When I visited Fuente, I was pretty sure I saw the former baseball player Moises Alou there.

Hills Lounge is in Naco, I don't know if a bunch of tourists visit there. Seems to me, most of their clients are people who live in the DR. Owner of Hills is Cuban, I visited Hills before and after going to the Body Shop Athletic Gym.

Leyenda del Cigarro on El Conde is in what can be described a tourist area, so what, I am a tourist who has made over 40 trips to the DR in more than the last ten years. I sometimes stay in Zona Colonial and Leyenda is a good place for me. I chat with the owner, employees and some of the other tourists who come in. Met an older guy from Spain there, who worked in the Cuban cigar business (in Cuba) for over 40 years, he knew the Robaina family in Cuba. Alejandro Robaina (R.I.P.) was a legendary farmer of tobacco in Cuba. Robaina and other cigars can be purchased in Leyenda on El Conde.

Lulu is a bar/restaurant behind the Cathedral in zona colonial, beautiful place, not sure if one of the owners is an Asian woman. One of the managers at Lulu is a very nice guy from Bogota, Colombia (his cousin is another very nice guy who is a bartender at the Crowne Plaza, who I have known for years, he has invited me to visit Cali, Colombia with him).

I have many photos of the different places I have visited in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.

I have rented a car every trip from about the third trip on.

Regarding your lie, than I am somehow involved in business or receive some type of monetary compensation, is total BS.

I have now read about 4 of your posts. One where a member asked about a restaurant at the public beach in Dominicus and your reply was that they should go to the boathouse in boca chica. So if a person like that member who wants to take their kids to the public beach at Dominicus (Bayahibe), and that member lives in Bayahibe or Dominicus or La Romana or Higuey, your advice to them would be to take the ride to the boathouse in boca chica, rather than use the public beach at dominicus?

Again, I am trying to remain civil and polite, it is not easy when someone like you, posts lies about me and then gives not great info, to another member.

I know the beach at Dominicus, I took photos of the restaurant there and the parking area and the beach and the road to that public beach, so that i could share them when someone wanted to visit there, to make their life easier. And what I get for trying to help, a Moderator on this site who just recently posted a post that had nothing but a bunch of cap CCCCCCCCCCCCC, criticizing and posting lies about me.

I also took numerous videos while driving in the DR, posted on youtube, easy to find, same page as the other youtube links regarding puro humo and leyenda.

All photos were taken by me in the DR (older photos and places I don't have photos of, I write where they were found).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.