Another example of terrible reporting

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
I've seen this at least twice before. Reporters sent to Boca Chica to report their experiences and write as if it's an example of every beach in the country. Granted the DR has its issues but Boca Chica is the busiest beach in the country and the most corrupt. Reporters should at least be more balanced. With so many beaches to choose from this is where they go. It's like a reporter being sent to NY and only going to Bedstuy Brooklyn. This reporter claims Boca Chica is called one of the most beautiful in the Caribbean and that Christopher Columbus is Portuguese :(.

thoughts?

Reality bursts the dream in a paradise lost - Dubbo Photo News | Dubbo Weekender

Not sure if it was posted here in DR1 but there was a video of undercover reporters sent to Boca Chica and petrified of the fact that they were offered sex and annoyed by people selling things to them constantly.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Must admit that i don't see anything wrong with the article.
I don't see it being written by someone who was sent to Boca Chica to make a report (what would be the point?).To me, it just seems the lady wrote about some observations she made while on a visit. Obviously don't have to agree with everything written, but on the whole most seems to ring true. Don't you agree? Why should she be 'more balanced'?

Anyway.....Who can say for sure Columbus wasn't Portuguese?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ignorant Piece",....by an "Ignorant Piece"!!!!!!!!
More "Shallow" than the water at "Boca Chica" during low tide!!!!!!
If only she would have stopped into the "Boat House" and talked with our "Frank"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the article was ok. so it happened that the woman holidayed in coca chica and described her experience. i could produce much more cruel recap of my first trip here because it only took me 20 minutes since arrival to decide DR was a hateful place i never wanted to visit again (the irony of fate is sickening, no?).

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I spent one night in Boca Chica when my flight was cancelled last January. I hated it and thought that it was , by far, the ugliest beach I had visited in the Caribbean. The boathouse saved my day but I couldn't have ran back faster to Samana the next day. Not only it s ugly but there is too much tigueraje for my taste.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Love conquers ALL"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Afri" if your "Priorities" were different, you would think differently!

That's why it's called "BOCA",...."CHICA"!!!!!!!!!
"Girls mouth"??????????????????????????

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
she just reported what she found.. and followed Frommer's that said Boca Chica was the nearest best beach to SD,, which I guess it is, technically. But, really, if the Faro de Colon is one's favorite thing in the City.. that already is a bit odd.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe she's into le corbusier? i happen to like faro de colon too. very out of place. i would not mind living there.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The article is spot on...and good...and accurate!

But i would like to add a couple more things she missed: Boca Chica is a glorified dump, replete with dumpy people, dumpy food, and dumpy sex. The choices of girls are horrendous (except for infamous toothless Dolores...long past her prime). The place is a ghetto situated next to the most horrendous dirty filled highway--filled with dead dogs that stretch all the way to Santo Domingo. The place is crowded with Haitains and dirt poor Dominican Tigueres trying to sell drugs to tourists. The food is bad, the oxygen is bad, and did i mention...the sex is bad.

I remember the place when it was filled with beautiful girls and rich Dominicans from Santo Domingo wearing white linens and a gallon of cologne (enough that it acted as a mosquito repellent), but that was back in the 70's when the beaches were clean. Today, everyone drives right past Boca Chica--making a bee-line for Bavaro and Punta Cana--where all the beautiful girls have moved to.

Frank

Meems

May 1, 2013
Sorry, but I just shut down and completely dismiss anybody who refers to this country as "the Dominican." Nothing else even penetrates my consciousness after that. Please: just get that one thing right. That is all.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What's the sexiest thing an old couple can say to each other??????
"Hey Honey, take out your teeth and come to bed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Why can't everybody just leave Dolores alone????

[video=youtube;kHmvkRoEowc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc[/video]

Where on earth did you find this? This is hilarious, scary, funny, crazy, and absurd. I can't tell if he is acting or not?

Frank