Any word on the renovations to the VH Gran Ventana Resort

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I've heard that renovations are either underway or will be underway soon to the Gran Ventana Resort in Playa Dorada, POP. Does anyone have info on how extensive a reno this will be, which parts of the resort will be closed and for how long etc? I'm trying to plan a 2 week vacation December 9-23rd and will book elsewhere if the renos mean that we won't have access to certain features etc....

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Have you tried to call them and ask them? Of course maybe they won't tell you the truth. I have never checked out that place so maybe we will go and ask to see the hotel and ask them. Have you stayed there before?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I've heard that renovations are either underway or will be underway soon to the Gran Ventana Resort in Playa Dorada, POP. Does anyone have info on how extensive a reno this will be, which parts of the resort will be closed and for how long etc? I'm trying to plan a 2 week vacation December 9-23rd and will book elsewhere if the renos mean that we won't have access to certain features etc....

Renovations are supposed to start Sept 8th until the end on the month. Lobby and main buffet are the main ares of renovations

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
hmmmm...was supposed to go to a wedding there October 2013 but bride & groom had to change over to the Barcelo because renovations were supposed to start, shutting parts of the hotel down for the months of September and October. Two years in a row?