Weird labels

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
We in the UK had to put up with extra labels stuck on many good, particularly food stuffs, when our lords and masters made us go decimal! Here in the RD label sticking on seems to have a new meaning. They seem to be stuck on all and any imported foodstuffs. But and it's a big but they are stuck on at all kinds of angles including upside down. Most containers have some or quite a lot of open space but no the stickeroner will find a place where he or she can cover up some possibly interesting information, which is not included on the Dominican label, like alternative recipes or how to microwave. I read that only just over 50% of the population can read anyway. So that although I understand the reasoning for these Spanish labels I wonder just how many Dominicans they are of use to. Any ideas?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
And the labels they put on are HUGE !!!

Sometimes u wonder about the sanity of it....... they stick a label on tinned dog food that takes up a third of the tin....... it is not as if anyone is going to read it anyway. And even if u did read it and something displease u, there is only one brand !!!! ( ok, 2 in national.).
And the cost of printing the labels and the muchacho to stick them on..... madness.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
on a more serious note, those labels always look like the printer was running low on ink. grey on white. and kinda wobbly print too. virtually unreadable. but they use mudaf**king strong glue, i'll give them that. it could hold a space rocket together.