Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Security cameras

I would like to increase the security around the house. I have 6' fence, rolled barbed wire in some sections - will finish the rest a bit later. I have bars on all windows and doors and a little dog which is very very good at doing the alarm thing. I have some battery powered alarms for some of the windows. Need to put on all windows.

I am considering a security camera. I looked a bit on the web but I am overwhelmed. Any pointers? Where do I start? Are they worth it? Fake ones as deterrent?

I tried to find info on DR1 but obviously could not.

Suggestions welcome. Thank you.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you living?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i would skip the cameras and go for motion sensors. you can install a few on the outside walls of the house. the good ones will not "see" small dogs and cats. the siren is loud enough to wake the dead and certainly will serve the purpose of discouraging a thief.

4. Likes TP666 liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I am just curious, what is the point to live in a place where you need to turn your house into a private prison and live behind bars and barbed wire?

6. Likes jabejuventus, jstarebel liked this post
    Dislikes Harleysrock, Jaime809 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

ha the world is at odds..thieves...cameras dont deter nighttime invaders... i like dogs...trained dogs...and security /people living there... my last condo rental they got in and walked out by not having a double keyed entrance lock on door...my advice is to review your security every 3 or 4 months...they are looking watching...waiting... tough to be safe of course t v s and comp are different then personal safty. i always worried about u.s. thieves more than a local...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

go to brickhouse.com.they will explain alot and they have decent prices.stay away feom the stuff you see on amazon and other low end sites

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

if you get a dog, never let the dog in the house... get it a doghouse dog will use it in the rain ,,,have or get help training a dog barking allthe time is no good...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default in house

cams are good in house. last year a guy beat and robbed a woman in n.j. got him on cam 10k$us reward for capture...caught within 24 hrs...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Sorry, I am just curious, what is the point to live in a place where you need to turn your house into a private prison and live behind bars and barbed wire?
    god help me. ever heard of "precaution"? google it. back where you live a precaution is to lock the house. here it is to have bars in windows. deal with it.

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in SD, actually. There are many nice apartment buildings where you can live without bars, not like in a prison cell.

There are some buildings like this in Juan Dolio, Punta Cana and other tourist areas, if you like to live near the beach.

What is the reason to buy a house and then have paranoia about security, barbed wire, cameras, what's next? High voltage on barbed wire? Mines in the backyard?

13. Likes Contango, jabejuventus liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast