Spanish/English voiceover TV

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I am soooo sick of the shows that are originally in English and dubbed over in Spanish. The result is an incomprehensible spanglish gobbeldy go! A show in English, great. A show in Spanish, okay, I know enough to follow along. Does anyone understand this? Spanish speakers? Bilingual people?

Anywho, I'm done with cable here. I want Dishnetwork, or DirecTV. I've been told it can be done. My folks are coming to visit this fall, I am going to have them bring a dish and box. Either one better than the other?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I hate it too !!!!!
Even if there is no voice over, I often find the spanish dubbing quite bland.....

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
You can get things wayyyyyy cheaper through Roku or Amazon Fire or even a $35 Chromecast if you know what websites to use. Plus, you can watch whatever you want on your own time.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in poland dubbing is normal and usually it's one person "reading" the whole movie. and this is fine. that's a professional with excellent pronunciation and inoffensive voice that that does not overpower the show/movie. but here it's often a bunch of people and that i hate. i don't need to see on screen robert de niro speak the voice of some chopo whose previous job was seemingly driving a rotten pickup truck and shouting: "baterias viejas, hierro viejo compramos."

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I am soooo sick of the shows that are originally in English and dubbed over in Spanish. The result is an incomprehensible spanglish gobbeldy go! A show in English, great. A show in Spanish, okay, I know enough to follow along. Does anyone understand this? Spanish speakers? Bilingual people?

Anywho, I'm done with cable here. I want Dishnetwork, or DirecTV. I've been told it can be done. My folks are coming to visit this fall, I am going to have them bring a dish and box. Either one better than the other?

It's not that difficult to understand, it's clearer spanish than most dominicans speak. However, if you have Claro TV, most channels allow to change back to english (not all).

Yesterday I read that illiteracy is almost gone now in DR. Good moment to stop dubbing and use subtitles!

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
50 years ago and more dubbing was nearly literal, causing the speech to not at all synch with the mouth of the speaker.
It was disturbing to the viewer.
I am amazed with the non-literal dubbing done today which synchs nearly perfectly with the mouths. I have no problem at all with well done flicks, and most are well done.

If by voice-over is meant the movie channels on POP Cable which mix the dubbing tracks with the original sound track, you're right. It drives me crazy. Neither language can be understood, so I don't watch them. POP Cable swore they'd "fixed" it and it wouldn't happen when we signed on to them. Another Domned lie.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I would love to stream but the Delancer service we have is not fast enough. In the daytime it seems to work but not in the evening.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would love to stream but the Delancer service we have is not fast enough. In the daytime it seems to work but not in the evening.

One problem with cable modems is that they are connected in a star topology and the connect point for multiple users can become a bottleneck if the system is not sufficiently fast enough to provide the speed for which you are paying. It sounds like that is the case in your situation when other users come on line at night.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
We do have netflix. I may try Amazon Prime and cancel the cable.

HEY! As long as I got ya all here. Can I add more than on A/C unit to a 220V double pole 20amp breaker. Or do I need a separate breaker and line for each A/C unit.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We do have netflix. I may try Amazon Prime and cancel the cable.

HEY! As long as I got ya all here. Can I add more than on A/C unit to a 220V double pole 20amp breaker. Or do I need a separate breaker and line for each A/C unit.
I have three a/c on one 220 line but each has it's own breaker.