Teeth Whitening in Santiago

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My wife's sister is a dentist in Santiago, a damn good one. She practices alone with two assistants in a pleasant, nice office off Restauracion downtown. I've been to her for cleanings and a cracked crown with top results. I never asked for a discount because rates are low enough. Besides, she's a professional with staff to support, office overhead and a family to put through college.

Alida had a broken filling and had to go see her a few weeks ago. Since we were going anyway, both Mom CB and I thought we'd get our teeth cleaned at the same time.

While we were waiting, a client was leaving and we heard strong praise about how his teeth looked. Later I asked the doctora what that was all about. She said he was happy with the results of her teeth whitening techniques.

Oh, really? I have nice teeth but after 50,000 cups of coffee over 45 years they were a couple of shades less white than when I was a kid. So I asked about the process, cost, etc. She quoted a price that included a cleaning and three treatments. The price was very reasonable..a deal, actually.

So both Mom CB and I chose the whitening (she's 86 and a lifetime tea drinker).

I am here to tell you we are GLAD we did. 3 treatments and I could not be happier. My teeth look 50 years younger right down to the gum lines & between teeth.

The cost? $RD8000. $US185, including a thorough cleaning. What a deal! The results: my teeth are 4 complete shades whiter than before, and they weren't at all bad then. VERY pleased.

So if you're interested in having your teeth whitened for a reasonable price by a skilled professional, drop me a PM and I'll pass on the info. She speaks good enough English to offer communications comfort.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Teeth whitening treatments have come a long way. It definitely makes one look more healthy.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
How long was the complete treatment and how many times did they apply the peroxide...........
Normally it is 2 applications, and a third for the same price if you have the patience.......
You have to make sure the peroxide is new because after a certain amount of time it looses effectiveness.....
As long as you are happy with the results, that is what's important.......
That price is excellent........

B in Santiago

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
How long was the complete treatment and how many times did they apply the peroxide...........
Normally it is 2 applications, and a third for the same price if you have the patience.......
You have to make sure the peroxide is new because after a certain amount of time it looses effectiveness.....
As long as you are happy with the results, that is what's important.......
That price is excellent........

B in Santiago
3 treatments, each about 30-45 minutes including a prophy in the first session...

The price is a steal for the results.

I think the light is some sort of accelerator for the reaction...

After the prophy, she finds a match to your tooth color and adjusts the treatments from that depending on how many shades whiter one wants. I opted for 3 and got 4, all OK with me. The difference between the starting shade and final is quite remarkable and natural looking...

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
So, you spent about 2 hours in the chair..............
You definitely got your monies worth........
Is it against the rules for you to post their info, or pm's only.........
I'll just send you a pm for the info...........
Just so you know, the dental assistant (normally done by a assistant) can't dilute the % of peroxide..........
What you get is determined on the strength of the peroxide..........
The weakest for a professional whitening is at 20%, I believe 30 or 32% is the max.......
This is a jelly type substance pre-made at their original source.........

B in Santiago

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
So, you spent about 2 hours in the chair..............
You definitely got your monies worth........
Is it against the rules for you to post their info, or pm's only.........
I'll just send you a pm for the info...........
Just so you know, the dental assistant (normally done by a assistant) can't dilute the % of peroxide..........
What you get is determined on the strength of the peroxide..........
The weakest for a professional whitening is at 20%, I believe 30 or 32% is the max.......
This is a jelly type substance pre-made at their original source.........

B in Santiago
PM me.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thank you......
I should have known that..............duh.........

B in Santiago

images

:bunny:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
3 visits as in 3 days in a row or once a week for 3 weeks?

It is all done with one visit..............
It's always 2 treatments that take about 45 minutes each............One after the other.......
You normally can get a third if you don't mind sitting in the chair that long.........
AND if the first 2 haven't irritated your gums and teeth.........
I always opted for the 3........
Also, through the entire process, there is an appliance put in your mouth that keeps your mouth WIDE open the entire time....
That is a little annoying.......
Didn't mean to answer for Cobraboy, just been through the process a couple of times in the States........

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
aaaaaaaaaaa, ok. sounds good. i'm fine with having mouth open for hours, already done that when i had a bridge done in poland years ago.