Eureka! I Have Found It! Great No-Carb Pizza Crust Recipe!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We love homemade pizza, but the crust, definitely important, really piles on the carbs. I've put our pizza recipe on DR1 before.

I've tried several low/no-card recipes with really poor results.

Until now! Finally! A no-card pizza crust recipe that actually adds flavor to a pizza! I took liberties in some alterations from a "found" recipe to make a super low-carb instead of no-carb:

Ingredients:
4 cups grated cheese (I used 2c mozerrela and 2c Mexican-style 4-cheese mix)
4 eggs
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp basil (optional)
1tbs flour (I used whole wheat, but any would work)

Recipe:

Preheat over to 450?.

Grease a good no-stick cookie sheet or pizza pan.

Combine cheese and eggs in a bowl. Mix well to form a good mush.

Add basil and mix well.

Add flour and mix well (it acts as a "binder" while baking).

Pour it into the pan, shmoosing it around to the corners.

Bake it until the big bubbles slow down and is tan to your liking. Note: It may stick to the pan a little. Take a metal spatula and gently separate from the pan while still hot.

Take it out and let cool for a few minutes. It'll become a little harder.

Top with pizza sauce & toppings, and put under the broiler until done.

Thank me later!

A pizza crust that tastes like cheese!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You are basically doing a pizza on an omelette base :)
I know, but when you bake it long enough, the result is like a pizza crust. You'd never know it's eggs.

Besides there is a ton more cheese:egg in the recipe than an omelette.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Hey cobraboy, have you ever tried using yucca prepared as you would for the pastry portion of an empanada for a pizza crust? If not, try it. Bake it before building the pizza and of course broil the pizza as you did here.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hey cobraboy, have you ever tried using yucca prepared as you would for the pastry portion of an empanada for a pizza crust? If not, try it. Bake it before building the pizza and of course broil the pizza as you did here.
Never developed a taste for yucca or casabe...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
This is my basic natural diet, straight from the article:

The high-fat group followed something of a modified Atkins diet. They were told to eat mostly protein and fat, and to choose foods with primarily unsaturated fats, like fish, olive oil and nuts. But they were allowed to eat foods higher in saturated fat as well, including cheese and red meat.

A typical day?s diet was not onerous: It might consist of eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, and some kind of protein for dinner ? like red meat, chicken, fish, pork or tofu ? along with vegetables. Low-carb participants were encouraged to cook with olive and canola oils, but butter was allowed, too.

When I cut breads, sugar, potatoes & starches (pasta) from my diet, I drop weight quickly and feel MUCH better quickly. Bad news is I LIKE breads, sugar, potatoes, rice & pasta.

But any diet that blesses bacon, Jimmy Dean and chicharrones I can live with.

It's really what folks are now calling the "Paleo Diet."

It also goes along with my O+ blood from "Eat Right for Your Blood Type." My Northern European large white human genetic heritage says that meats, veggies & dairy products, along with hard, physical exercise (we Druids are known for moving large stones; not aerobic, but strenuous) works best, and to avoid wheat and shellfish. It's true. I LOVE shellfish & bread, but over time don't feel that great consuming them.

Besides, gives me an excuse to stock up on baby-backs, rib-eyes & churrasco...;)

A great dinner is a large marinated, grill chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing (I have a killer recipe, the one we used in a French restaurant where I waited tables in grad school...)

I do confess: eliminating potato chips, Fritos and Doritos, my junk foods of choice, is a challenge and the only real "self-control" I have to deal with.

The best part: once I eliminate wheats, starches & sugars I almost have no appetite because my blood sugar stabilises and doesn't go through the radical swings. I suspect my pancrease is appreciative...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The big downside to Paleo: protein & fats are MUCH more expensive that carbs.

Think about the cost of the low-carb pizza crust vs. regular. 4 cups of cheese & 4 eggs is exponentially more spendy than a lump of flour & yeast.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
@ CB, Have you tried the no flour peanut butter cookies yet? If not, google it. They are quite tasty and you can substitute splenda for the sugar to make them a great diet friendly sweet snack. 1 cup each peanut butter and sugar or splenda. 1 egg, some vanilla and a dash of salt.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
@ CB, Have you tried the no flour peanut butter cookies yet? If not, google it. They are quite tasty and you can substitute splenda for the sugar to make them a great diet friendly sweet snack. 1 cup each peanut butter and sugar or splenda. 1 egg, some vanilla and a dash of salt.
Thanks, but I'm realy not on a crash diet.

Just eliminating a few items. I still eat large. Never had a big sweet tooth.

If I'm gonna eat something sweet, I'll go whole hog and eat something really good & rich. Once in a while. Real chocolate, cheesecake, strudel, pies, banana nut bread, etc.

I remember when Atkins chocolate candy was the rage, carbs that didn't act like carbs. Tried some. Forgettable and kinda yuck. What's the point in relearning what you eat if all you do is fake what you used to eat.

I use Splenda and cremora in my daily coffee. I wish half & half was freely available without having to make my own.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You are better off using Nuvella. The box looks almost identical to Splenda. Nuvella has probiotics added, while Splenda doesn't.

Something about Splenda not being good for the bacteria in your digestive system, but Nuvella maintains it.
Thanks! I'll look into it. I've seen the boxes at Price Smart where we buy Splenda...