You know you live in a banana republic when....

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
the private jet of the CEO of the best running hotel (total 4,000 employees in the country) on the North Coast gets a complete strip search by DNCD and the military, humiliating the CEO and his relatives, checking the baby's diapers, passengers and partners of the company. Rumors are it was a scheme coordinated by ex-employees who were recently terminated. Apparently one part of the ex-employees plan didn't work, and nothing was found on the plane. He got very lucky.

I know the family personally, this kind of crap really ticks me off.

A few months ago my girlfriend got the full body check at Santiago airport on the Spirit flight, including having to take panties off and a 'look' by an agent. Then they used what looked like a toilet brush on her clothes and said it was a 'marijuana detector' and it 'checked positive' for marijuana. She is allergic to weed, and just laughed in their face and told them to put it back in the bathroom. I swear I am not making this up, some of these authorities have the brain of a peanut. I posted about this a few months ago. I wonder who we ****ed off back then. At the time we thought it was a 'random' check but now i am not so sure anymore.

Yes we still live in a banana republic, I cannot come to grips with the term 'developing country' with crap like this.

source Desmienten versi?n sobre requisa avi?n propiedad empresario Hotelero en AIGL, viajaban en vuelo charter

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
A few months ago my girlfriend got the full body check at Santiago airport on the Spirit flight, including having to take panties off and a 'look' by an agent.

Is your girlfriend Dominican or from another country?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
:****ed and ****ed!!!!!!!!!:

I tried with ", : and still got cencored!!!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have traveled 2 times in La Romana airport first time Dec 2012 she asked me alot questions, tested with drugs body detector machine just because I went to Colombia in Jan 2011, checked in small room. she was very rude, she screem to another guy send him to check his suitcase he was in colombia, good I had planty time was early at the airport and 2nd. time asked by the same girl and she reconized me, I answer her questions but this time I was with my partner so she didnt have any options to wish me very good flight, they confrimed what I told last time was true.

When I traver over Punta Cana Airport same history Im black Dominican in the midle of a lot whites so always somebody come to me also to make questions.

When Im coming back in Punta Cana they always send me to check my suitcase inmediatly all the time, one time I was asked if I was coming from Colombia, another time was asked if I was Colombian, the last time was in July again they send me to check my suitcase, I think they reconized me as I reconized them this time made few questions and let me go.

Im not telling that they dont have to do their job, but they have to find out the way to treat people as human not as a drugs dealer because every body that travel is not.

Thats why Im always 1st in line for the check in, go inside inmediatly so they can ask and check everything they want, I dont have nothing to hide.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have traveled 2 times in La Romana airport first time Dec 2012 she asked me alot questions, tested with drugs body detector machine just because I went to Colombia in Jan 2011, checked in small room. she was very rude, she screem to another guy send him to check his suitcase he was in colombia, good I had planty time was early at the airport and 2nd. time asked by the same girl and she reconized me, I answer her questions but this time I was with my partner so she didnt have any options to wish me very good flight, they confrimed what I told last time was true.

When I traver over Punta Cana Airport same history Im black Dominican in the midle of a lot whites so always somebody come to me also to make questions.

When Im coming back in Punta Cana they always send me to check my suitcase inmediatly all the time, one time I was asked if I was coming from Colombia, another time was asked if I was Colombian, the last time was in July again they send me to check my suitcase, I think they reconized me as I reconized them this time made few questions and let me go.

Im not telling that they dont have to do their job, but they have to find out the way to treat people as human not as a drugs dealer because every body that travel is not.

Thats why Im always 1st in line for the check in, go inside inmediatly so they can ask and check everything they want, I dont have nothing to hide.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
the private jet of the CEO of the best running hotel (total 4,000 employees in the country) on the North Coast gets a complete strip search by DNCD and the military, humiliating the CEO and his relatives, checking the baby's diapers, passengers and partners of the company. Rumors are it was a scheme coordinated by ex-employees who were recently terminated. Apparently one part of the ex-employees plan didn't work, and nothing was found on the plane. He got very lucky.

I know the family personally, this kind of crap really ticks me off.

A few months ago my girlfriend got the full body check at Santiago airport on the Spirit flight, including having to take panties off and a 'look' by an agent. Then they used what looked like a toilet brush on her clothes and said it was a 'marijuana detector' and it 'checked positive' for marijuana. She is allergic to weed, and just laughed in their face and told them to put it back in the bathroom. I swear I am not making this up, some of these authorities have the brain of a peanut. I posted about this a few months ago. I wonder who we ****ed off back then. At the time we thought it was a 'random' check but now i am not so sure anymore.

Yes we still live in a banana republic, I cannot come to grips with the term 'developing country' with crap like this.

source Desmienten versi?n sobre requisa avi?n propiedad empresario Hotelero en AIGL, viajaban en vuelo charter

Question? Why does this shizzle only happen to you and related?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well the people flying are well known business people on the North coast, flying in a private jet that they use often at this airport, this was not some random check and there was 'no suspicion' like travels to Colombia or nervous behavior.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Question? Why does this shizzle only happen to you and related?

Apparently, because authorities can be bought easily when someone wants to do you harm or is envious/jealous etc. When you have hundreds or thousands of employees there is inevitably conflict at some point, especially when you catch people stealing or you have let people go. If employees can arrange this type of harassment upon investors in the country, then its not a good sign. I can tell you, its the people that will suffer from this, not the investors.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013

I feel you. I had the same issue because I traveled to Colombia but only with TSA in NY. That was when I was coming back. Sent me to the small room, I was searched and asked a gazillion of questions. Boy did I feel bad that day... But I have never been bothered here. Well, let me correct that. One time an immigration officer at STI asked to see my index finger to compare with the back of my green card. Like she had a scanner in her eyes. That was funny, though.

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
I knew it....'they' dont like that Colombian visa stamp in your passport especially in Canada and the US....

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Once I was pulled aside into the private area at STI to swab my bags for drug residue.....Boy was I relieved, cause I thought they were gonna make me get butt naked......In Panama they wanted to give me a full body scan with a machine that had a warning sign that said "danger high radiation"...I flat out refused and they let me go.......Guess it's the price of looking like a Rock Star ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Apparently, because authorities can be bought easily when someone wants to do you harm or is envious/jealous etc. When you have hundreds or thousands of employees there is inevitably conflict at some point, especially when you catch people stealing or you have let people go. If employees can arrange this type of harassment upon investors in the country, then its not a good sign. I can tell you, its the people that will suffer from this, not the investors.

Many do not have the capacity to think further than the end of the day, hence this type of BS happens.

It's unfortunate, but the reality. As you say, it will come back to bite them, that's if they are capable of linking together the dots.