street lights in el Cortecito?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi there, I know that CPEM was installing street lights all over the area of Bavaro, from Veron to Friusa, going through El Cortecito.
I would like to know if street lights have been installed already and if they have been installed just in the main road of El Cortecito, or, luckily, they have been also installed inside the paths of all condominiums of El Cortecito.
Before I left, there were only street lights provided by each condominium along their security walls, but this is not enough. El Cortecito area has been a dark one at night due to the lack of public street lights ...
Hope this will change soon.
Thanks.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Have you been here since they paved? There are street lights on most of Av Alemania, though there are some dark areas (near Palma Real mainly), and as you go south past Barcelo Bavaro that stretch has no lights until you get past the resort proper. There are even street lights on the side streets going west toward Rosa Hermosa and that area of Cortecito.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
I left before the paving.
So you mean there are new public street lights inside the Cortecito Area?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
We were there in December and they were getting ready to install the bases for the poles. The paving and sidewalks were completed, even back in the neighborhoods. Arenas de Bavaro was always well-lit, even the parking area, but now the streets should be safer to walk after dark (with a big stick and a mean dog in-tow). LOL

Do you know if Arenas de Bavaro streets have got publich street lights? There were only the private lights of the condominium giving light to those streets (both phases of the condo)

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Do you know if Arenas de Bavaro streets have got publich street lights? There were only the private lights of the condominium giving light to those streets (both phases of the condo)

Where there are empty lots, there are no street lights. So it's still mostly private lights once you get away from Av. Alemania.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
They have also installed reflectors down the middle lines, they look great! totally lit the street up while driving.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Hi there, I know that CPEM was installing street lights all over the area of Bavaro, from Veron to Friusa, going through El Cortecito.
I would like to know if street lights have been installed already and if they have been installed just in the main road of El Cortecito, or, luckily, they have been also installed inside the paths of all condominiums of El Cortecito.
Before I left, there were only street lights provided by each condominium along their security walls, but this is not enough. El Cortecito area has been a dark one at night due to the lack of public street lights ...
Hope this will change soon.
Thanks.

The street lights are only on the main road. The "paths" and the road that runs parallel to the main street through el cortecito are still not lit

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I've been in bavaro for nine years. It took them that long to pave those back roads an put sidewalks in. Realistically mabe a few years more for the lights.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
There was a woman from the states who lived in stanza mare. She would give some the the young boys trash bags and pay them for cleaning up the streets. I wish she was still here. You could notice the difference!